W203 trim levels and optional extras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I did find a brochure for 06 sport saloons but it only covers the c230 and higher models, no mention of the c180

That's probably because it's a US brochure - check at the end if there's mention of MBUSA.

That's probably because it's a US brochure - check at the end if there's mention of MBUSA.
Iv had a look through and cant find any reference to mbusa, however being as its all in english and the cars are all left hangers I suspect your right

King , As mentioned on here make sure if you are looking at a Kompressor model that the cam chain/sprockets/tensioner have been sorted . Just as important is the rear sub frame , some rot away and it's an expensive fix (more than the car is worth) wheel arches rot from behind , run your hand under them to feel for bubbles . The body is allegedly galvanized but there are plenty out there with rust on the wheel arches. . Check MOT for brake line corrosion , the rears are a pig to replace .

I was looking at two W203 saloon cars at the time.

One was a 2006 Classic SE, the other a 2005 Sport. I don't remember if the Sport had the Avangarde logo.

The additional options were automatic transmission and metallic paint (one was Obsidian Black, the other Silver).

In terms of spec, the Classic SE rode higher and had identical 16" wheels all around. The Sport was lowered and had 17" wheels in a staggered setup (the rear wheels were wider than the front ones).

The internal trim on the Classic SE was wood-effect (which I quite liked), while the Sport had brushed aluminium strips (which I liked less).

I don't remember the Sport as having additional spoilers, but I am not sure.

Also, I later saw a 2006 Avangarde car in the street, that had drilled front brake discs, which my Classic SE did not have. I don't think the 2005 Sport that I was looking at had drilled discs. So the drilled front discs might be part of an additional package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom