W203 underdash cornering "click" "clack" noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Car
W203 C270 cdi
I know already that's quite impossible to find out an answer but at least I share with you!:)

I hear a sort of annoying "click" "clack" noise coming somewhere in the dash: bolow centre tunnel and steering wheel!
I've dismounted and checked several times the radio the palsti panel below the steeringwheel but I'm not able the find out the source, it's loke free to moove during corner or "jumping" road.

Mine is a LHD car if it's relevant, and come equipped with electric adjustable steering wheel, I'm wondering if it's something relevant to this!?:confused:

Sounds like anti-roll bar links.

Sit in the car and have someone rock it violently from side to side by gripping the roof.

wouldn't be when you first start up the AC? For example when you start the car with the AC on or turn the AC on while driving or with the engine running? Does it click a few times then go away? If so then this is probably a stepper motor flap that is broken.

Sit in the car and have someone rock it violently from side to side by gripping the roof.

no even if quite difficoult to locate it's inside the cabine like something loosing below the dash between steeringwheel and tunnel

thanks

wouldn't be when you first start up the AC? For example when you start the car with the AC on or turn the AC on while driving or with the engine running? Does it click a few times then go away? If so then this is probably a stepper motor flap that is broken.

I know what do you mean, no it isn't the case

thanks

I wonder if the drop links are sticking and then "jumping".

I wonder if the drop links are sticking and then "jumping".

what are drop links? Are related to any suspension component?

asI said this clicking is inside cabine below dashboard, is like a earring pendant contacting, during corner, some vertical part of the dash "internally"!

thanks for you help:)

asI said this clicking is inside cabine below dashboard, is like a earring pendant contacting, during corner, some vertical part of the dash "internally"!

Have you checked your wife isn't 'down there' whilst your driving....

Have you checked your wife isn't 'down there' whilst your driving....

During trip with wife and/or family there are always radio and bla bla chatting gossip etc etc

It's me: I tend to be paranoid when drivin alone finding out any sort of car noise.:)

the lid of my ashtray squeaks until I give it a careful tap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom