W203 Wheel corrosion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Corrado

Car
Civit 1.8VTEC
Hi. Taking advantage of a day or so's respite from the rain I washed the car this pm. and noticed what appears to be a corrosion fault shown in the photo. If anyone has claimed for this type of problem under warranty I'd be interested to hear. The car is a month shy of its third birthday. Thanks in anticipation.

Rich

alloy corrosion1.jpg

Hi. Taking advantage of a day or so's respite from the rain I washed the car this pm. and noticed what appears to be a corrosion fault shown in the photo. If anyone has claimed for this type of problem under warranty I'd be interested to hear. The car is a month shy of its third birthday. Thanks in anticipation.

Rich

View attachment 9336

Some folk get them changed, but not all, have a good go and see what they say

Get straight down to the dealer and ask them to inspect the alloys for corrosion.

I had mine changed 4 months short of 3 years. All 4 alloys replaced, even though only front wheels showed signs of corrosion.

Good Luck

Get straight down to the dealer and ask them to inspect the alloys for corrosion.

I had mine changed 4 months short of 3 years. All 4 alloys replaced, even though only front wheels showed signs of corrosion.

Good Luck
Snap, all four of our wheels on the 211 were exchanged, they did however check to make sure none of the wheels had been kerbed.

Good luck, but get to the dealers

Regards
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom