W204 08 reg Blower - Fuse or blower motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richie 866

Car
W204 C220CDi
Hi. I'm hoping someone can shed some light if there is a fuse for the blower in a W204 blower fan. The fan is not working even though the heater control is lit. I removed fuse 12. This works the heater control. Does the fan have a separate fuse or is it knackered? If so, any ideas to check the fan and resistor?

Many thanks

It's all in the passenger side, behind the glove box.

You can see the fan from the top by removing the air dryer box which is behind the battery in the engine bay, it just unclips. You'll then see into the car, and be able to see the fan. Give it a spin and see if it's seized.

You access the motor by removing the cabin air filter which is above where passengers feet go. There's a panel full of holes, unscrew that, then the air filter will come out, you can see the motor, etc there.

It's all in the passenger side, behind the glove box.

You can see the fan from the top by removing the air dryer box which is behind the battery in the engine bay, it just unclips. You'll then see into the car, and be able to see the fan. Give it a spin and see if it's seized.

You access the motor by removing the cabin air filter which is above where passengers feet go. There's a panel full of holes, unscrew that, then the air filter will come out, you can see the motor, etc there.
I have the same problem, checked fuse and fan not seized. All control lights on system working ( 2 zone thematic ) but nothing happens? TIA

I have the same problem, checked fuse and fan not seized. All control lights on system working ( 2 zone thematic ) but nothing happens? TIA
I too now have the same issue and not sure if there is a separate fuse for blower or resistor. I have a supply coming into resistor but appears that nothing coming out too blower. (Assuming I am checking correctly).

Try tapping the resistor with a hammer ! Sometimes gets them working and then you know it's new resistor time :)

Try tapping the resistor with a hammer ! Sometimes gets them working and then you know it's new resistor time :)
Thanks for response. I've removed the resistor and blower from car. On the resistor I checked continuity across input and output pins no 1 showed continuity but 2 didn't. To be fair I have no idea if on resistor what continuity should show. I also wired in again and tested and no output from resistor to blower. Not sure I can check anything else to ensure its resistor and not blower. Resistor is circa £150 blower £140. Massive variation in prices ecp want close to £400 for the former!!!!

Thanks for response. I've removed the resistor and blower from car. On the resistor I checked continuity across input and output pins no 1 showed continuity but 2 didn't. To be fair I have no idea if on resistor what continuity should show. I also wired in again and tested and no output from resistor to blower. Not sure I can check anything else to ensure its resistor and not blower. Resistor is circa £150 blower £140. Massive variation in prices ecp want close to £400 for the former!!!!

did you manage to fix in the end ? I’ve got a w204 c class estate. Blowers died yesterday. Lights still come on controller. But just no blowing at all. Garage quoted me £400-£500. Because apparently to get to the resistor you have to remove the dash completely. But from everything I’ve read online it’s all accessible from the panel above the passengers footwell. Any advice very gratefully received

Thanks In advance

Same issue on my 2008 C-Class Estate just yesterday. I’ll look at weekend as worried it might be wiring harness issue.

Same issue on my 2008 C-Class Estate just yesterday. I’ll look at weekend as worried it might be wiring harness issue.
You are replying to a thread started in 2016 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom