W204 (11) Aux only through one side speakers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattC63PPP

Car
W204 C63 wagon
Hi,

I have a 11plate C63, loving the car but getting music into it is doing my head in.

On DAB and radio I have all speakers working.

On the iPod MMI (30pin) I have all speakers working ( but can only use my old iPod)

Aux 3.5jack I only have the left side working.

I have tried a Bluetooth to MMI adaptor and only get the left side.

I have tried a 3.5jack to MMI and only get the left side.

Also tried the Lighting to 30pin adaptor and a Lightening to MMI adaptor but both say not compatible.

Ideally I'd just like a jack that works on all the speakers. I've tried a few different jack cables.

Randomly it did start working once when I didn't have the car running then when I Started it and the audio pauses while it starts it came back on just the left again.

Any ideas?

Had this problem on my CLS Aux socket. Cleaned a plug with switch cleaner and then used this to clean the socket. After that it worked fine.

I'll give it a go, I think there might be a bigger problem though as I don't think the Aux plug being dirty would affect the MMI port. But then i also can't see why the iPod 30pin to MMI works fine but all other MMI input adaptors only work on the left.

Baffled me

Are you using the same device when you only get the left channel?, if so could be the source that is the problem.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, no I've tried different sauces. But no good, old iPod classic works fine on the 30pin to mmi but not on the Aux jack

sounds like the input jack socket is faulty....

I like Hollandaise sauce ;)
Very good, :)

I don't think it's the Aux jack as I only get the left side when using the MMI or Aux Jack with any other adaptor than a 30pin iPod to MMI adaptor then it works fine.

I can only presume that the same channels aren't used through the iPod adaptor as with the jack. Maybe the head unit reads the MP3 rather than the iPod playing it I don't know.

Might have to try a new look from the head unit to the MMI.

Hi,

I have pretty the same issue - my right side of speakers is not working via Aux (via BT adapter to be accurate). I already sent older MMI adapter for BT to the service and they sent me the new one, but the issue still persists.
I'm using FM transmitter without issues as alternative, but it's annoying.

Did you fix the issue?

Hi,

I have pretty the same issue - my right side of speakers is not working via Aux (via BT adapter to be accurate). I already sent older MMI adapter for BT to the service and they sent me the new one, but the issue still persists.
I'm using FM transmitter without issues as alternative, but it's annoying.

Did you fix the issue?

MattC63PPP​

New Member · 34 · From Retford

Joined May 28, 2019

Last seen Jun 3, 2019

Messages 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom