W204 2010 and spotify on android ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jatboy

Car
AMG
I just bought a 2010 C63 and just wanted to learn if there was any simple mod to allow music on my spotify android phone to be played through Command and the cars speakers. Anyone know how it's possible in my W204?

... Simply connecting bluetooth doesn't work for spotify. I can see an Aux setting on the cars sound settings, but can't see and cable connecting point in the car.

Aux connection is usually in the glovebox.

i only got bluetooth for mobile phone calls, I got a little device off ebay that goes into the fag light in the glovebox then into the aux, set the car in AUX mode , then your phone connects to the device and plays bluetooth though your AUX hope this helps =D

Thanks guys, I can't see any Aux plug in the armrest. It's a Sept 2010 C class, maybe its somewhere else, or perhaps was an option that year ?

Any poss alternate locations for the Aux jacking point?

I have one in my glove box

Mine is a 2012 and the aux socket is in the center arm rest, my Spotify plays fine via Bluetooth. Have you checked in your settings that Spotify is allowed to gain access? Sounds a bit daft

I think the 'aux' port is in fact Universal Media Interface (UMI) which is an option.

Also to the OP, if your 2010 car is pre-facelift it will have COMAND NTG4 (with the pop-up display, and the large PCMCIA slot), if it's post-facelift it will have COMAND NTG4.5 Gen1 (with the display in the instrument cluster, and smaller SD-Card slot). These are two very different systems.

It's the pop up screen version Markjay, I figured as much. Is there any simple workaround to get the songs to play on cars speakers ?

It's the pop up screen version Markjay, I figured as much. Is there any simple workaround to get the songs to play on cars speakers ?

I don't know what you can do if you don't have an Aux socket and/or UMI.

The guys at COMAND Online will be able to explain all the options open to you.

I just bought a 2010 C63 and just wanted to learn if there was any simple mod to allow music on my spotify android phone to be played through Command and the cars speakers. Anyone know how it's possible in my W204?

... Simply connecting bluetooth doesn't work for spotify. I can see an Aux setting on the cars sound settings, but can't see and cable connecting point in the car.
Have you checked in the phones BT setup that it allows music on the BT connection to the car?

In my 2010 C200, Bluetooth streaming worked by playing the music on the phone and selecting Aux on the cars media menu

When/if you get it working, still be prepared for low volume. You can surpass this fortunately (having an android phone) by using a booster app on your phone

No aux in armrest or glovebox unfortunately. Prob need to retrofit aux as cheapest option me thinks for about £250

No aux in armrest or glovebox unfortunately. Prob need to retrofit aux as cheapest option me thinks for about £250

Check the headlining carpet of the glovebox for a hole, look above that layer if there’s nothing there then a previous owner may have removed it

I have the ngt 4, and strangely enough, no aux socket in the glovebox. I do however have the lead that plugs into the iPod classic, and can play music through that or put in a pmcia card.
Not yet transferred any music onto the built in hard drive.

This is the aux point in my glove box

20200105_131927.jpg

^^ yeah that’s what mine looks like on my 2008 c220. I have an eBay Bluetooth thingy plugged into mine.

^^ yeah that’s what mine looks like on my 2008 c220. I have an eBay Bluetooth thingy plugged into mine.

Could I have a link to the eBay Bluetooth thingy please

Could I have a link to the eBay Bluetooth thingy please

I have one of these, but to be honest it has a flaw. It has a battery, so when you turn the car off and walk away the Bluetooth stays connected and playing till you’re out of range. Then once it looses connection you have to manually reconnect again next time you drive. So I’d go for one without a battery to be honest. But anyway this is what I have

Mpow Car Receiver Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Audio Stereo Music kits AUX Adapter MIC | eBay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom