W204 (2010) C220 Reversing Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

omega1

Car
E400d 2020 4matic (W213)
Hi all,

I'm looking at fitting a reversing camera to my W204 2010 C220 and wondered how/where the camera would be fitted? Is there an 'official' camera that has a 'proper' place it can be mounted?

Also, what 'compatible' cameras are people using and where are they mounting them?

The head end unit I have accepts a standard RCA composite video connector, so maybe an 'official' one won't work anyway.

Thanks.

Yes I fitted one of those (Bumper light type) Easy install the hardest/trickiest bit is removing the housing on the boot. There's a good utube video to follow (Aussie guy). MAsk up the boot lid around the ends of the trim. (It will make sense when you watch the video) There's a follow up video to activate the camera on the command screen. Took me a about an hour.

Tony

Sorry didn't look close enough the one I fitted was hard wired.

There is an official one to, see Reversing Cameras | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd -

The saloon/coupe, the estate, and the GLK all have differently shaped cameras and they fit in a specific place in the boot trim, rather than replacing the number-plate light. Genuine camera also have a protective module to protect the COMAND/SAM from issues with the camera.

You can of course install an aftermarket one which is cheaper than genuine MB parts

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom