W204 2010 Steering Wheel controls Analogue or Digital?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

omega1

Car
E400d 2020 4matic (W213)
As per the title, are the W204 (2010 reg) steering wheel controls analogue or digital?

Either way, could anyone let me know what the correct adaptor/interface unit is?

Thanks!

Assuming this is for an aftermarket radio you need a CANbus capable steering wheel control module plus the adapter lead for whatever make of radio you are installing

There's loads of manafacturers. There are ones that will create you the ignition, lights, reverse signals too - all of which are useful particularly so if installing a satnav.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure where I stand, as the reply I have had from the manufacturer of the unit I have bought says that it will not support CANBUS, but it 'would' support other methods. I am thinking that if there is a module along your description I could surely connect the device?

Could you point me in the direction of the series of adapters that you mention?

My device is this one:
http://amzn.to/1zOHg7L

The connection block, as I understand it, comes out as a standard ISO as follows:
G2110-09Y.jpg

G2110-10Y.jpg

[FONT=trebuchet ms,sans-serif]One is to use the CAN BUS decoder box to connect, but the unit G2110 can not be supported in this way.[/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet ms,sans-serif]The other method is the AD conversion method, it usually uses 3 or 4 control cables to connect, and it is what our product applies.So please check the system of your car first to see if it's AD conversation. If so, our Eonon unit can be connected for your steering wheel remote function.[/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet ms,sans-serif]Generally there are two ways to realize the steering wheel control function in different cars:[/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms,sans-serif] If your car comes with canbus, then it can't fit your car.[/FONT]

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom