W204 2011> Projector Headlights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayeready

Car
C180 AMG Sport Plus
Hi everyone

I'm taking delivery of a new (to me) C class this week and i'm looking to upgrade the headlights.

I'm not really interested in HID i just want the xenon look for the car.

I can source the Depo set (pic below) no problem but these sets are all LHD.
HL_MBZ_W204_12_MAX_PRO_BLK.jpg

Does anyone know of anywhere that sells the Depo set in a RHD version?

Or do you think it would be possible to adjust the LHD version beam pattern in order to make it RHD?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

They most likely will not be E marked so actually illegal, more likely to fail an MoT test than dodgey bulbs!

They look quite nice though.........

They most likely will not be E marked so actually illegal, more likely to fail an MoT test than dodgey bulbs!

They look quite nice though.........

Hi

No they are fully marked up and will pass any MOT.

American forums have very good reviews on them.

The only issue is with the LHD/RHD problem.

Hi

No they are fully marked up and will pass any MOT.

American forums have very good reviews on them.

The only issue is with the LHD/RHD problem.

They are E marked? You surprise me, but great if that's the case.

Usually the "dam shutter" ( I assume these are Bi-Xenon?) can be modified once the projector assembly has been dismantled and mods made.

This might be useful for you.........

HiDplanet : The Official Automotive Lighting Forum

Thinking about your problem, have you considered these might be available in Japan, they are dead hot on "upgrading" their Euro motors and of course drive on the correct side of the road! ;)

To be legal they will need the shelf levelling system which via STAR you will need to set to: Xenons Present.

They are E marked? You surprise me, but great if that's the case.

Usually the "dam shutter" ( I assume these are Bi-Xenon?) can be modified once the projector assembly has been dismantled and mods made.

This might be useful for you.........

HiDplanet : The Official Automotive Lighting Forum

Hi. Yes they are bi-xenon with an active shutter.

Don't fancy taking them apart to swap the projector's over though. That's a big and possibly disastrous job!

Thinking about your problem, have you considered these might be available in Japan, they are dead hot on "upgrading" their Euro motors and of course drive on the correct side of the road! ;)

I'm currently speaking to a few contacts in China, Australia and America to see what they can find out. If I could get a direct link to the manufacturer that would be best though.

I've been investigating these lights for weeks now. They really are good quality and as long as HID isn't fitted are completely legal, plug and play units.

I can't understand why there's no hunger for them in the UK. The damn yanks have been fitting them to their w204s for 2 years!

A few more images borrowed from an Aus eBay seller:

W204-LCI-OE-LH-HID-X-D.gif

Looking at those illustrations though, they are actually HID units........so they actually bother to produce normal Halogen as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom