W204 2013 C Class Coupe Paintwork Defect Help!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haroon

Car
C-Class
So my beloved c class coupe in black has started to pigment around the rear boot lid area, roof panel and front bonnet. The car is 2 year old and the paintwork has always been in prestine condition. I have only recently noticed these pigments when washing her on the weekend, tried clay bar thinking its surface dust/muck but seams to be much deeper...

I have read up on some older forum posts that this has happened on fire Opel red paintwork... But can anyone advise me where I stand on this issue? Is it worth taking it through MB BodyShop and through the warranty??

Please help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 47
There are several ways to approach this problem. One would be to take the car to a reputable body/paint shop [ preferably one which works rountinely on modern Mercedes] and ask them to briefly assess the car on the pretext they might repair it. Armed with that assessment i- if negative- you could then approach MB with a view to claiming for a paint defect under warranty. Be aware MB will examine the cars paintwork for originality in case its been resprayed in the past. :dk:

Good luck with this problem HAROON a bit surprized it may have happened on BLACK which is a strong colour not weak like red , I had this problem with my 2 year old C Class in opal red . Good advice from GROBER , I would say keep on at your Mercedes dealership from where you bought the car , don't go in with all guns blazing after all the dealership did not paint the car and don't be fobbed off ,My situation went on for 10 months back and forward to the dealership I had a full respray but was not happy with the result from Mercedes don't be afraid to say no I am not happy ALL THE BEST HAROON

image.jpg
There are several ways to approach this problem. One would be to take the car to a reputable body/paint shop [ preferably one which works rountinely on modern Mercedes] and ask them to briefly assess the car on the pretext they might repair it. Armed with that assessment i- if negative- you could then approach MB with a view to claiming for a paint defect under warranty. Be aware MB will examine the cars paintwork for originality in case its been resprayed in the past. :dk:

Good luck with this problem HAROON a bit surprized it may have happened on BLACK which is a strong colour not weak like red , I had this problem with my 2 year old C Class in opal red . Good advice from GROBER , I would say keep on at your Mercedes dealership from where you bought the car , don't go in with all guns blazing after all the dealership did not paint the car and don't be fobbed off ,My situation went on for 10 months back and forward to the dealership I had a full respray but was not happy with the result from Mercedes don't be afraid to say no I am not happy ALL THE BEST HAROON

Thanks guys for your advise, I'm going to see the dealership early morning and will go in quite low, but not giving them a chance to fob me off.. To be fare, being a black car, you can see when it's clean and when it's dirty and I'd like to say that I've kept my car as clean as the day it came from the showroom. However, I had notice this on the day I wash my car, and wondered is it the cleaning products I use? Assessing this closely and speaking to a few people, I've been advised it could be the surface top layer which could be machine polished, but worse case it's the lacquer which is starting to give in... Rest assure I'm going to go see the guys at the mercedes benz body shop then go to my dealership and see what there technicians verdict is... Here's a few closer snaps I took during the day...

Thanks again guys for the advice :)

Here's one zoomed out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 23
Quick Update:

I called up my local Mercrdes Benz BodyShop and spoken to one of the technician. Basically, I took my vehicle in for inspection, guy got ready to put in a warranty claim, but asked if he was able to try a machine polish on a little area. So after about 5-10 minutes of prep and machine polish, he showed me the area which he polished. I must be one of the lucky ones, but wow! The pigments disappeared. I was however advised, don't keep your hopes up high, but you will need to get all the pigmented panels machine polished then prepped and waxed to prevent this occurring again...

To be fair, seeing the machine polished exactly work, I was amazed, but can anyone recommend what I should do next? Should I get a detailer in to machine polish and wax my vehicle?

Thanks everyone for your support :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom