W204 2013 c180 main dealer service £139

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skd884

MB Enthusiast
Car
c180 w204
Value service and air bag recall booked for December at a cost of £139 - ( essentially an A service )

1665399314188.png

Hi , does that service put onto the electronic Mercedes service schedule.
"The value service will not show up on the Mercedes Benz electronic system, you'll obviously have a paper copy of the work done on the day but it will not go onto the system that uses service history records"

"The value service will not show up on the Mercedes Benz electronic system, you'll obviously have a paper copy of the work done on the day but it will not go onto the system that uses service history records"
Is that still for the 7year+ age cars ?
For next time , I think you can supply your own MB oil and filter bought from their parts department 5 minutes previously.
That saves a few quid .

For next time , I think you can supply your own MB oil and filter bought from their parts department 5 minutes previously.
That saves a few quid .
It does but to be fair £139 is already so inexpensive I think you may get a flat “no”!

I think the least I ever spent on a full A service at a main dealer was £85 in the late noughties. That was a V8 with AMG premium too. A combination of “very good customer” discount, supplying my own oil and filter, and no additional items. Unfortunately those days are long since gone.

That saves a few quid .

At £139 i would feel rather cheeky wanting to reduce the price further, it includes a video health check.

1665430907002.png

Hi , thank you for your reply.

Strange that it has a red ❌ against “Genuine MB parts” ?

( in post #1)

Strange that it has a red ❌ against “Genuine MB parts” ?

( in post #1)
It means that a “comparable” Value service from a garage other than Mercedes’-Benz doesn’t offer genuine parts. Confusing and meaningless because some will!

I believe that the Value service will not extend the MB roadside assistance cover, as a regular service would.

I believe that the Value service will not extend the MB roadside assistance cover, as a regular service would.
I believe that’s true although I recall reading that it had been renewed in practice for some members.

I believe that’s true although I recall reading that it had been renewed in practice for some members.

12 Months pan-European roadside assistance and recovery with all the benefits for £139 isn't a bad deal... :D

Having my mechanic service my w204 2013 c180 m274 on friday with the following as per ess -

oil and filter
brake fluid
gearbox fluid/filter

Mb Dartford £1013
Mb Southend £685, lakeside £760 although if you ask they will match the Southend price as same delaer group.

My cost is circa £390 comprised of £240 for the parts (10l of gearbox oil) and £150 labour.

1000070146.jpg

Attachments

• 1000070145.jpg
    1000070145.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Oil and brake fluid done y'day and the car feels uber smooth/quiet :)

Gearbox this week coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom