W204 220cdi Remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OscarOzze

Car
W204 220CDI SPORT AMG
Hi guys. Anyone have remapped 220cdi sport amg? Just booked mine in for tomorrow but a bit worried about if box (5g tronic) and engine turbo etc will hold the power? It's a 170bhp standart and the guys are promising around 210/220bhp and + 80 torque. Any experiences? Ta
6c40069587364d4165c474f0050d7097.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not had mine done (same engine but Elegance trim) and have been assured that the 5g box, TC etc will handle 220 bhp etc.

Who have you booked yours with?

I have a brabus box fitted to mine, running just under 220bhp and everything fine so far, apparently there was 2 different 5 speed auto boxes fitted and one handles more torque than the other, if you search on this forum for auto box torque, there is a link where you enter your chassis number and it tells you what box is fitted and the max torque it can handle

Tuning chips/Ecu..

Stardelta... given that Brabus,Vath and various other companies inc AMG offer these upgrades to torque/power.. I have yet to speak with anyone that says anything other than long term you will damage the life expectancy of the engine et al ......for the sake of 1500-2000 fitted is it worth it for an extra 4 mph tho more eco fuel consumption I gather ...don't get me wrong I think its a fun idea but I am worried about long term wear and tear ??!! hows yer c220 running .. I have a c250 CGI AMG Sportline.. tks foxy52....

The brabus is a mercedes approved upgrade sold and fitted by them with a warranty so thought this was a better route than a remap, as for how it runs it is so much better than standard, no penalty in fuel consumption as long as you drive it normally and a nice increase in mid range torque.
I'm not interested in the extra flat out speed as I don't drive it flat out, the upgrade just makes it smoother and more refined to drive and believe it or not slightly quieter due to the changed injector timing, so for me it is worthwhile.
I obviously can't report on long term engine/gearbox reliability but so far all has been fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom