W204 320CDI Hard starting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeyv8

Car
SL
Hi Guys, ive noticed from cold in the mornings that the car takes along time before it starts, it turns over for approx4 seconds before it starts, with winter on its way id like to get the bottom of it, I wait for the glow plug light to go out but I get the feeling the glow plugs aren't coming on. There are no codes or lights on the dash, am I that unlucky that all the glow plugs have gone or could it be the relay module? How do I test it?

Yes it's probably the module.
Star can test it

Yes im convinced it is the module as this time when I checked o had the p0670 code, where is the best place to get one from? I see them on ebay but they are being shipped from Poland!

Does anyone have a pic with a location for it? To me, as you look the front of the engine on the left hand front of the engine, it looks like its mounted under a bracket on there, but can anyone confirm this?

This seems to be a very common issue with all the pre 2010 OM642 engined cars. My own car does this sporadically as well but only from cold. I don't think it's anything to worry about. It might just be a feature of a big V6 diesel when it's completely cold.

Morning all,

Does anybody know where the module is located please ?

I have attached a picture of my engine bay where i think it is could anybody please confirm ?

Cheers

PM sent Jamie

Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom