W204 Air Conditioning not cold on one side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C250JRH

Car
Mercedes C250 Sport
Hello,

My 2010 W204 (S204) C250 has an issue with the Climate Control that I cant find much information about.

The AC blows cold and works on the Drivers side but the Passenger side even with the Dial set to Min on the Climate Control blows what I believe to be ambient air. If I turn the dial on the Passenger side up to full hot, it does respond and pump out hot air. I am not sure if this car has a Duo Valve but if it does then that tells me its working?

Is there some sort of motor that moves a flap to make air divert over the AC Unit to give cold air that isnt working?

Is there any reset for the climate control on this year of car, any help appreciated!

There is a sensor on the passenger side that monitors the temperature.

Get the codes read as it checks for the functionality of the sensor.

There is a sensor on the passenger side that monitors the temperature.

Get the codes read as it checks for the functionality of the sensor.

Thanks, as I said though adjusting the Temperature works using the passenger climate. Just seems the AC does not work on that side.

Surely there has to be something other than paying to get the codes read to try?

When you have the system set to auto, it kicks the AC in to cool the air if required.

It uses the sensor on both sides to determine if the ac air needs to be mixed in and regulates each side accordingly.

Unfortunately climate conrol is not so straightforward and depend on sensors to work.

If you get the iCarsoft 980 codereader (approx £95 new) it reads the values on these sensors, plus it may be also useful to you in the future.

In the long run it is cheaper than having to pay someone to read the codes on each occasion.

Last edited:
I bought the I980 Code Reader and its a great piece of kit.

Unfortunately, no Fault Codes on the Climate Control System and showing 11 BAR of Pressure for the refrigerant. All the Temperature sensor values seem reasonable so not sure where to go from here.

Hello,

My 2010 W204 (S204) C250 has an issue with the Climate Control that I cant find much information about.

The AC blows cold and works on the Drivers side but the Passenger side even with the Dial set to Min on the Climate Control blows what I believe to be ambient air. If I turn the dial on the Passenger side up to full hot, it does respond and pump out hot air. I am not sure if this car has a Duo Valve but if it does then that tells me its working?

Is there some sort of motor that moves a flap to make air divert over the AC Unit to give cold air that isnt working?

Is there any reset for the climate control on this year of car, any help appreciated!
Hi Bro,
I experience the same problem with my C180 Kompressor. How you resolve the problem?
Appreciate if you can share your solution.

Thanks 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom