[SOLVED] [W204] Ashtray?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Maurauth, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Maurauth

Maurauth Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2016 BMW M4 Convertible
    Hi, I've recently bought a 2011 (pre-facelift) C250 Sport spec (don't know if that affects the interior) and found that where I assume the ash tray should be (under the silver sliding cover) there is just a rectangular rubber cover with a no smoking sign.

As a filthy smoker I was wondering if it is possible to retrofit an ash-tray and if so is it a Mercedes part or aftermarket?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I currently am using the rubber cover as an ash tray haha.

2. kam05

kam05 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C220CDI Sport (COMAND) W204
    The ashtray has been removed by a previous owner.

Did you buy the car from an MB dealer? If so, the car should have come with an ashtray.

Not sure of part no/price, but contact an MB dealer for a price.

My 2007 C220CDI Sport came with an ashtray, as a non smoker I removed the ashtray as I store my spare change under the sliver sliding cover.

3. st13phil

st13phil MB Club Veteran

Car:
    His - Diamond White W212 E63 Biturbo with Night Package / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
    This is almost certainly incorrect.

For a number of years you only get an ashtray and cigarette lighter if you specify it as an option (code 301). What the OP has described is the standard car.

I would suspect that it would be available from the dealer's parts department.

4. OP
    OP
    Maurauth

Car:
    2016 BMW M4 Convertible
    Thanks a lot guys! I went down to my local main dealer and have ordered in the part for about £45 inc. VAT.

1 person likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Maurauth

Car:
    2016 BMW M4 Convertible
    Quick update, I picked it up today and it literally just clipped in, just an FYI if anyone else has the same issue and searches for this thread in the future :)

6. Pontoneer

Pontoneer MB Club Veteran

Car:
    '93 190E 2.3LE W201 ; '93 300SL-24 R129
    Non smoking cars without ashtrays have been a delete option for many years ; the space otherwise occupied becomes a handy little cubby hole .

It may well be that in recent years the non smoking option has become the norm .

Incidentally , if you refer to the handbook , Mercedes-Benz cars come with CIGAR lighters ; cigarette lighters are for more plebian cars .

Tags: