W204 attention assist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plitty84

Car
W204 C220
Hey guys hope your all well.

I’m new to the forum, I’ve recently brought w204 c220 AMG pack, absolutely love the car but I have a query about the attention assist.

daily I comment from Stoke to South Yorkshire and I’ve activated a/assist the coffee cup is activated on the dash but it never changes I commute 130miles a day so I would of thought to see some activity?

I do have front inner parking sensor faulty if this links into a/assist?

any help or advice would be great
Thanks
Andy

I have covered around 13,000 miles on my W204 over 3 years and during this period only ever saw the attention assist warning twice. On both occasions it was in the early hours of the morning and after driving for around an hour or so on the Motorway.

My guess is that it is heavily influenced by the time of day and length of motorway driving and less by the driver input.

But either way, it's very rare to actually see it come up. So most likely there's nothing wrong with your car.

I had to drive four plus hours before attention assist worked and I have to admit, I was getting sleepy and I could tell my driving was getting worse. Now yesterday I drove 7hrs from South London to Lincolnshire, naff M25 was gridlocked and so was M1/A1. Bit I have as wide awake and full of beans and my driving was perfect - and zip all happened. I have a GLC AMG 2018

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I had to drive four plus hours before attention assist worked and I have to admit, I was getting sleepy and I could tell my driving was getting worse. Now yesterday I drove 7hrs from South London to Lincolnshire, naff M25 was gridlocked and so was M1/A1. Bit I have as wide awake and full of beans and my driving was perfect - and zip all happened. I have a GLC AMG 2018

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
I believe it has to do with the way you drive the most like sudden steering wheel moves, barely breaking behind other cars etc.

Had it on my last 3 Merc’s and never had is appear once.

I think you can turn up the sensitivity in the menu somewhere.

Thank you for all your replies.

obviously must be the car then as most of us have the same issue.

Back in 2013 I was lucky enough to use C63 through my previous employment and I could swear the coffee cup got bigger and/or a blue parking sign always appeared next to it? But I’m not sure if that’s another setting.

thanks again for all your prompt replies

Also well we’re on topic is there any software updates particularly for the dab radio most of the time is useless always losing signal

Thank you for all your replies.

obviously must be the car then as most of us have the same issue.

Back in 2013 I was lucky enough to use C63 through my previous employment and I could swear the coffee cup got bigger and/or a blue parking sign always appeared next to it? But I’m not sure if that’s another setting.

thanks again for all your prompt replies
The blue parking sign is Parking Assist.

It comes up when driving at low speed and the parking sensors spot a vacant parking spot alongside the pavement.

A little white arrow next to the blue parking sign will show on which side of the road the parking place was detected.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It is not related to Attention Assist.

Last edited:
Hey guys hope your all well.

I’m new to the forum, I’ve recently brought w204 c220 AMG pack, absolutely love the car but I have a query about the attention assist.

daily I comment from Stoke to South Yorkshire and I’ve activated a/assist the coffee cup is activated on the dash but it never changes I commute 130miles a day so I would of thought to see some activity?

I do have front inner parking sensor faulty if this links into a/assist?

any help or advice would be great
Thanks
Andy
Get yourself one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071DP4KTZ/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom