W204 Audio 20 bluetooth and audio questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mirkoszlikovski

Car
C220 W204
Regards.

I recently bought an used C220 w204, year 2007.
As I read from this forums it has audio 20 system but it has Navi that reads from the DVD.

My questions are:
1. How to stream music over bluetooth?
2. How to enable SMS function cause it's grayed out, I do have an HTC One phone which has Message Access Profile (MAP) but as I see it my car doesn't recognize it.
3. Is there a way to enable voice command button to send command to phone, to standard android voice command.

Thank you

Sounds more like an Audio 50 APS head unit?

1. you probably have an AUX input in the glove box. You can find a BT adapter to stream music via the AUX input.

2. You would need the 386 phone kit and either a phone specific cradle or the BT SAP capable BT adapter and a compatible phone.

3. I don't think it is possible.

Thank you, so 1 and 3 are not possible, I just tried SAP capable phone and that didn't work, as I see it, SAP isn't used for SMS, but MAP.

Thank you, so 1 and 3 are not possible, I just tried SAP capable phone and that didn't work, as I see it, SAP isn't used for SMS, but MAP.

You did not state any conditions on the solution to stream music over BT. If you actually are after that feature without any additional parts, then the answer would be "no".

A BT SAP capable phone is not enough, you need the BT adapter installed and used along with the BT SAP capable phone.

MAP would be fine too I believe but I don't know if your head unit and your phone support it.

SAP has nothing to do with SMS, it is the bluetooth profile that allows remote SIM access. SMS messages in this case arrive to the BT adapter that is actually a real phone. The car can display SMS messages in this case equally as it can do it from any phone that is inserted to the phone specific cradle. SAP itsel does not do the trick with SMS messages but the point is that the car would see a physical phone inserted to the HF connector and can read messages from that phone via wired interface.

Yes I was looking to use music streaming over bluetooth without aux, cause if I use an bt device connected to aux when I receive a call it will not go to my car because phone is connected to aux not to car bt.

My unit shows SMS and it's greyed out, on MB pages it says that if it's greyed out MAP wasn't detected on the phone, but I do have MAP on the phone, so I don't know what the problem is.

SAP and aftermarket devices are too complicated for me, I'll just wait two more years and buy myself a newer C220 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom