W204 B7 service and ATF change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmerc

Car
W205 c class 250d amg premium plus
Engine oil and filter change ,ATF changed with all new gasket washer etc,all other checks carried out .£380.00 all mercedes parts and mercedes trained independent.comments ::bannana::bannana:

It's a good price. I was quoted in Ireland, Galway 450EUR to get my ATF change at my dealer :D

Engine oil and filter change ,ATF changed with all new gasket washer etc,all other checks carried out .£380.00 all mercedes parts and mercedes trained independent.comments ::bannana::bannana:
..ATf was changed prior to 30k on my car..its only done 46k in 6 and a half years...is that about right in yr estimation ??..should it be changed purely by the number of miles car has been driven ??....I was recently told by MB dealership it should not need new ATF till it reaches about 70k ...??sounds about right .. I have no issues with gearbox.....do u agree ?? tks for info .. foxy52

..ATf was changed prior to 30k on my car..its only done 46k in 6 and a half years...is that about right in yr estimation ??..should it be changed purely by the number of miles car has been driven ??....I was recently told by MB dealership it should not need new ATF till it reaches about 70k ...??sounds about right .. I have no issues with gearbox.....do u agree ?? tks for info .. foxy52

I think it depends on the gearbox and model year but on the 7gplus BE models after 2011 its generally every 5 years or 75000 miles.

I think it depends on the gearbox and model year but on the 7gplus BE models after 2011 its generally every 5 years or 75000 miles.
...Mines fine then.. tks for adv...2011 year reg but built 2010.. just pre face lift model.. its an interesting topic this ATF change.. some come out with this sealed box answer so no need.. but I would never be convinced as oil/petrol degrade... esp hard working gear box oil or the lack of it if its never replaced.. long term gear box problems I don't ever want to have !!!... all lubricant must be periodically replaced I,m sure of that .. foxy52

mmerc said:
That's a good price however I got the same done for mine for £355 all in with a loan car included from my very good trusted indie :))))))))

...Mines fine then.. tks for adv...2011 year reg but built 2010.. just pre face lift model.. its an interesting topic this ATF change.. some come out with this sealed box answer so no need.. but I would never be convinced as oil/petrol degrade... esp hard working gear box oil or the lack of it if its never replaced.. long term gear box problems I don't ever want to have !!!... all lubricant must be periodically replaced I,m sure of that .. foxy52

I did say generally so best to check with MB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom