W204 Battery Charging Question..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpc

Car
2018 S205 C250 AMG LINE PREMIUM D AUTO
I went to start my car this morning and the battery was flat. Its a C250 W204 2011 Estate.

I hooked up a battery charger this morning (9.30am) and have left it most of the day. I have kept checking on it every few hours to see progress (my battery charger has a % charged display) and it seems to be hanging at 80%. Should I keep it charging in hope it will gt to 100% or is it likely that 80% is the best i'm going to get?

My smart charger switches to a lower charge mode once it reads the battery at 80% charged, but keeps going until full charge then switches itself off! (SIP Chargestar Smart 18 Automatic).

it should get to 100% but the last 20% can take a lot longer than to 80%. Its why EV cars always quote a time to charge to 80% because if they put 100% it would look terrible on their marketing material.

Did you connect direct to the battery or to the charging posts?

it should get to 100% but the last 20% can take a lot longer than to 80%. Its why EV cars always quote a time to charge to 80% because if they put 100% it would look terrible on their marketing material.

Did you connect direct to the battery or to the charging posts?

I connected the red to the battery terminal and the black to the earth lug near it. I will leave it charging again today and see if it gets up to the 100%

I connected the red to the battery terminal and the black to the earth lug near it. I will leave it charging again today and see if it gets up to the 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom