W204 bonnet open warning light- not sensor fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W12RED

Car
W204
Please Help!!!! C220 Coupe Bonnet Warning light Fault!!

I have recently repaired my car after i had a bump.

But for sum reason i can not seem to get the bonnet hood open light off.

I have replaced every sensor from the bumper to the hinges. i have got rid of every warning light apart from the Bonnet Hood Open.

My car is currently in dealership which i am getting charged £100 quid an hour :-(
i dont fink he has any ideas what the fault is.

He has checked my wiring and there is no fault showing on the MB Star Computer. We have tried manually pushing down the sensor and still no joy.

Has any one had this issue!! I hoped it was jus a simple sensor fault!! But No!! PLEASE HELP!!

Last edited:
I have just realised after I remove my airbag module, the bonnet open no longer shows up in my dials??

Is it possible to code my air bag module to remove the bonnet open function or is there anyway I can bypass it??

i have checked all my wiring and there is no fault as the bonnet malfunction fault is not coming up

Did you set of an airbag?

Or did you set off the pedestrian impact stuff on the bonnet that pushes the windscreen end up (and then needs new solenoids to be installed)

R

W204 Bonnet open warning, but not faulty bonnet sensor

I have just realised after I remove my airbag module, the bonnet open no longer shows up in my dials??

Is it possible to code my air bag module to remove the bonnet open function or is there anyway I can bypass it??

i have checked all my wiring and there is no fault as the bonnet malfunction fault is not coming up

this is an old posting, but what was the solution?

I have a 2014 W204 with the same issue, repaired after bump which didnt set off airbags but crash sensor was damaged/replaced. Now bonnet open warning comes up but the bonnet sensor switch is OK.

ignition position 1 - wipers and washers work OK, no warnings
ign position 2 - same
ign start, engine running - no wiper or washers working, no warnings
drive off - bonnet open warning appears

I'm running out of things to check, any suggestions please:

SAM module relays,
SAM module connectors re-seating?

Update on open bonnet warning W204 2014 model

this is an old posting, but what was the solution?

I have a 2014 W204 with the same issue, repaired after bump which didnt set off airbags but crash sensor was damaged/replaced. Now bonnet open warning comes up but the bonnet sensor switch is OK.

ignition position 1 - wipers and washers work OK, no warnings
ign position 2 - same
ign start, engine running - no wiper or washers working, no warnings
drive off - bonnet open warning appears

I'm running out of things to check, any suggestions please:

SAM module relays,
SAM module connectors re-seating?

UPDATE
It seems the model I have uses 2 bonnet switches. Not one that is shown in a wiring diagram that is dated around 2012. I did notice the offside switch was not connected into the SAM module at the pin and connector shown in the wiring diagram. I didn't track down where it is connected. Had a switch fitted to nearside catch and working now.

Update on open bonnet warning W204 2014 model

UPDATE
It seems the model I have uses 2 bonnet switches. Not one that is shown in a wiring diagram that is dated around 2012. I did notice the offside switch was not connected into the SAM module at the pin and connector shown in the wiring diagram. I didn't track down where it is connected. Had a switch fitted to nearside catch and working now.
Hi in regards to ur problem do u have or cud u point me in the right direction for the wiring diagram for said sensors as i am having the same issue? Many thanks in advance

Hi in regards to ur problem do u have or cud u point me in the right direction for the wiring diagram for said sensors as i am having the same issue? Many thanks in advance
Hi, unfortunately I don't have the diagram anymore, but I would check both switches, they are located beneath the bonnet front catches, left side and right side. I noticed they can come un-clipped from the bonnet catch so that they don't register that the bonnet is closed. Maybe this has happened on your car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom