w204 C Class Brake Caliper Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobJones84

Car
Mercedes C220Cdi AMG Sport Coupe
Hi Everyone

Im new to the forum but i have a couple of questions.

I have been trying to fine the AMG Sports Package front brake calipers (circa 340mm front disks etc) but i am not having any luck.

Does anyone know if the W205 brake calipers and carriers are a direct fit/change onto a W204? If not, do we know which other models are the same? (W212 etc?) Any advice greatly appreciated.

Ideally looking for a minimum of the 4 Pot's calipers with 340mm disks for the front (without the expense of upgrading to the C63 setup) (Apart from gaining a better braking experience, i am also trying to fill the 18" AMG wheels as the standard 295mm just dont look right)

Thanks

Rob

Plus, if i have this right, the SLK250 Calipers and Carriers will bolt straight on - which are designed for the 344x32mm disks? Ideally someone may be able to clarify this for me? (Ive made the parts up etc and the carriers are listed for the correct model etc?)

Is there no mechanics or engineers here? Lol surprised this hasn’t been done before?

someone will be along I should think.

I'm interested the answer too.

The V6 petrol and diesel w204’s have bigger brakes I believe, might be easier to find from a breaker and could well be a direct fit .

From my experience of adapting some brake kits over the years, they rarely fit across platforms even between vehicles of the same age/era. The height of the carrier may not change but the hub mounting holes will be in different places. You end up making new carriers to suit each platform. These days more MB models share the same platform so if it was me, I’d arm myself with MB EPC and study brakes for various models. Can’t see this being a very popular mod so you might be the first/only one to do it.

The V6 petrol and diesel w204’s have bigger brakes I believe, might be easier to find from a breaker and could well be a direct fit .

I believe mine are 322mm in diameter not sure if it helps ??

From my experience of adapting some brake kits over the years, they rarely fit across platforms even between vehicles of the same age/era. The height of the carrier may not change but the hub mounting holes will be in different places. You end up making new carriers to suit each platform. These days more MB models share the same platform so if it was me, I’d arm myself with MB EPC and study brakes for various models. Can’t see this being a very popular mod so you might be the first/only one to do it.

Guess i am up for this challenge then....

I believe mine are 322mm in diameter not sure if it helps ??

Thanks Paul, this is what mine are currently. The next size up is the 344mm (which apparently comes as an upgrade with the AMG Sport Plus pack) (which doesn't sound much but they certainly would look better behind the AMG wheels) and certainly no where near the cost of the C63 setup. Plus keeping the standard looks.

THanks again. I will let you all know the outcome with some pictures once i figure it out.

Hi
I am also interested in changing the brakes. I have an E350 cdi estate and unfortunately the brakes that I have are too weak for me despite the fact that it is brembo 4 pistons. I would like to change the all set (front and rear) on the brakes with the E63 Amg W212. Can anyone confirm to me if everything fits plug & play or will I have to do adapters ????
Thank you

I forgot to ask if anyone knows whether the brakes from C63 are the same as in E63 ??? I mean the size of the discs and calipers

Plus, if i have this right, the SLK250 Calipers and Carriers will bolt straight on - which are designed for the 344x32mm disks? Ideally someone may be able to clarify this for me? (Ive made the parts up etc and the carriers are listed for the correct model etc?)

Holy thread revival!

As I could not find the answer to the question to the above anywhere... I did my own research and ploughed on and got a pair of SLK 250 calipers, 344x32 discs and went about upgrading the brakes on my C350.

The original 322mm setup is totally fine - I just think they look a little small behind the 18" wheels, certainly compared to the newer C Class models all getting nice looking Brembo floating calipers.

My original plan was to fit 4 piston Brembos from a CLS 350 - while they do fit the steering knuckle mounting points, the calipers will not fit behind my alloys without running massive spacers which is not something I wanted to do.

Before:

BC79D436-58C0-4AE5-B631-332D46D66365.JPG

After:
1B7F07DC-CE2C-4E5D-B15E-9D9D32C9DAC2.JPG

How much did your insurer sting you for the upgrade?

That's great news I was looking into going 350 CDI 322mm next time around because the 250 CDI AMG Sport set up is 300mm rear , 295 front !!

344mm with 18", even better :cool:

That's great news I was looking into going 350 CDI 322mm next time around because the 250 CDI AMG Sport set up is 300mm rear , 295 front !!

344mm with 18", even better :cool:

They work well enough, but for a car with a 'sport pack' applied, they don't half look daft behind 18" wheels. The 322mm setup is acceptable, but as the 344mm setup is a bolt on swap, it only took me 2 hours to swap them over and bleed. The pads between the 322mm and 344mm setups are the same also!

Cool , what SLK years model are we looking at and numbers on the calipers ?

This is what I found when looking for the 350 CDI 322x 32 .

20201106_102707.png

20201106_102635.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom