w204 C Class Brake Caliper Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
R172 SLK 250 CDI AMG

A 207 421 00 94 is the carrier part number

A 207 421 00 81 caliper part numbers
A 207 421 01 81

The carriers and caliper both have 344 on them as they do look the same, but side by side the 344 setup is bigger.

Holy thread revival!

As I could not find the answer to the question to the above anywhere... I did my own research and ploughed on and got a pair of SLK 250 calipers, 344x32 discs and went about upgrading the brakes on my C350.

The original 322mm setup is totally fine - I just think they look a little small behind the 18" wheels, certainly compared to the newer C Class models all getting nice looking Brembo floating calipers.

My original plan was to fit 4 piston Brembos from a CLS 350 - while they do fit the steering knuckle mounting points, the calipers will not fit behind my alloys without running massive spacers which is not something I wanted to do.

Before:

View attachment 104432

After:
View attachment 104433
Hi, im new to the world of car modifications and dont have much knowledge, but would this same brake set up work with my 2013 c180 amg sport plus model.

Hi, im new to the world of car modifications and dont have much knowledge, but would this same brake set up work with my 2013 c180 amg sport plus model.
The more relevant question is why do you feel a need to upgrade the braking system on, l what is, let us be honest, not a fast or particularly powerful car?

Do you have Mercedes discs and pads fitted at present?

Braking is limited by the grip of the tyre on the road surface.

The more relevant question is why do you feel a need to upgrade the braking system on, l what is, let us be honest, not a fast or particularly powerful car?

Do you have Mercedes discs and pads fitted at present?

Braking is limited by the grip of the tyre on the road surface.
Im planning on getting my car remapped and also for the looks, I understand that even with a remap the big brakes might not be needed but i do like the bigger brake look.

Im planning on getting my car remapped and also for the looks, I understand that even with a remap the big brakes might not be needed but i do like the bigger brake look.
I would advise checking with your current insurance company before any modifications.

Some refuse to cover modified vehicles and some will load the premium.

Holy thread revival!

As I could not find the answer to the question to the above anywhere... I did my own research and ploughed on and got a pair of SLK 250 calipers, 344x32 discs and went about upgrading the brakes on my C350.

The original 322mm setup is totally fine - I just think they look a little small behind the 18" wheels, certainly compared to the newer C Class models all getting nice looking Brembo floating calipers.

My original plan was to fit 4 piston Brembos from a CLS 350 - while they do fit the steering knuckle mounting points, the calipers will not fit behind my alloys without running massive spacers which is not something I wanted to do.

Before:

View attachment 104432

After:
View attachment 104433
I am interested I this upgrade, I have ordered the 344mm discs pads, calipers and brackets but the bracket and steering knuckle bolt holes don't line up, it's almost as though the caliper bracket is 10mm too small?

I am interested I this upgrade, I have ordered the 344mm discs pads, calipers and brackets but the bracket and steering knuckle bolt holes don't line up, it's almost as though the caliper bracket is 10mm too small?
Because those brakes were not designed to fit your vehicle.

Why do you feel the need for upgraded brakes? Plus, if you do upgrade them then you must inform your insurance provider, some may allow it, some may increase your premium and some may refuse cover.

Because those brakes were not designed to fit your vehicle.

Why do you feel the need for upgraded brakes? Plus, if you do upgrade them then you must inform your insurance provider, some may allow it, some may increase your premium and some may refuse cover.
Because during heavy use, such as a track day they fade.

The reason I asked this of the OP is that he has done it and has the same model car so I was wondering. It clearly is possible as he has done it.

Because during heavy use, such as a track day they fade.

The reason I asked this of the OP is that he has done it and has the same model car so I was wondering. It clearly is possible as he has done it.
A 220 Diesel on a Track day.......

It might be a better idea to get a separate car suited for the task?

I
A 220 Diesel on a Track day.......

It might be a better idea to get a separate car suited for the task?
I didn't ask for your opinion on my car, last track day I did there were plenty of cars slower than mine. I asked the OP for guidance on his installation.

If you've nothing helpful to add to my question why don't you go waste some else's time.

I

I didn't ask for your opinion on my car, last track day I did there were plenty of cars slower than mine. I asked the OP for guidance on his installation.

If you've nothing helpful to add to my question why don't you go waste some else's time.
Oh dear.

A little temper tantrum?

I don't care what you do with your car. I offered good advice regarding why it might not be possible to install the brakes you have bought without checking if they fit and also pertinent advice about the need to inform your insurance company because, as stated, some will decline cover on modified cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom