W204 C Class cupholder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RCS

Car
W211 E320CDI Avantgarde Saloon, W204 C220CDI SE Executive
Shortly getting a W204 as a company car :thumb:.

To avoid having to contribute too much personally I didn't spec the storage pack, as I was only really interested in the cupholder, I'm not sure about the under seat storage - not sure what would fit in it or I'd ever use it or the spectacle holder, which looked a bit naff to me.

It's cheap enough to get a cupholder on its own, but I notice it doesn't just drop in like one for our W211 E Class, it seems to be below the roller cover.

So question is how does it go in - much dismantlling required? I've seen a comment about the roller bit being a pain to dismantle.

And yes I am aware of the concerns about liquid and proximity of gear selector. I would only use it when parked up, and may well carry a cloth/towel to place around gear selector in case I dribbles :rolleyes:

Thanks Simon, when I looked at one in a dealers it seemed to be under the roller flap - tried giving it a quick tug but it didn't seem to move (weren't trying to nick it - honest guv!!). The ones for the W211 just drop in as easy as you like

It's a faff but it does just push in. There are locating holes and it shows you in the manual how to remove and replace.

Thanks C63chris, don't like having to pull new cars apart - however little!

My advise, for what its worth, is don't bother. I think the cost of the cup holder is about £22.

You can easily put a cup in the cubby towards the front and partly close the roller cover to stop it moving. It will hold in place even when mobile.

Thanks Clive, guess it might be worth a try before I buy one.

Rod

is there any other option available for c200 cup holders.

have you tried a scrap yard ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom