W204 C Class Saloon disks/pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CardinalZeus77

Car
Porsche 991.2 911 Carrera S
My car is in for a B1 service today and I just had a call from the dealer that I need new disks/pads at £399! Car has done nearly 31k. The pads are still 60% but recommend replacing if changing the disks.

Is that normal wear? I would have thought the disks would last longer?
Anyway I have said don't do the work I'll leave it for now.

Front or back?

I've just had my rear discs and pads replaced at an indy for £230. My car had done 55k on the original rear discs and pads.

Get an indy to inspect/replace the discs and pads.

Just wait until the pads are at 90% then change them.

Ask them for the disc measurement and pad measurement. There is a minimum.

Front or back?

I've just had my rear discs and pads replaced at an indy for £230. My car had done 55k on the original rear discs and pads.

MB parts?

Front or back?

Rear discs/pads.

And the next phone call will be to advise you that the bleed nipples have snapped off and that new calipers are required!:doh:

31k, and already needed discs?? Unbelievable! :eek:

Yes that's what I said to the service guy at the dealer. I said it was very poor. They couldn't really give me an answer as to why they had worn so quickly.

Rear discs always wear quicker. They get less loading and corrosion / pitting sets in. The pad materials are much harder these days since material like asbestos is banned and so the metal of the discs is "softer" than the pad material. Us older motorists will remember discs (or drums) lasted for years. If you want to read up more on this check out Honest John in the Daily Telegraoh. Can't comment on the replacement costs though.

Rear discs always wear quicker. They get less loading and corrosion / pitting sets in. The pad materials are much harder these days since material like asbestos is banned and so the metal of the discs is "softer" than the pad material. Us older motorists will remember discs (or drums) lasted for years. If you want to read up more on this check out Honest John in the Daily Telegraoh. Can't comment on the replacement costs though.

Cheers John. Got an appointment next week at the Merc Indy.

Rear discs always wear quicker. They get less loading and corrosion / pitting sets in.

I don't know if this is an issue with MBs but I was reading that any sort of "press-on" driving in the latest BMWs makes them eat rear pads as the ESP is constantly applying one or other of the rear brakes during cornering.

Rear discs always wear quicker.

Certainly not true of my Vito - the front and rear disks are original (6 years old), and the fronts are much more worn. The rear pads are original too, front ones have been replaced once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom