W204 C180 Auto. inquiry for replacing cycles, timing belt chain, spark plugs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Houstonrice

Car
C180 K BlueEfficiency, W204, 2009, gasoline, Auto, grey
all,

i'm a new born to DIY of maintenance, and I've done Service A last year for my W204, 2009 Reg, Auto, petrol, 1.6L engine.

It currently has 120k miles, and would need Service B soon.

Any guidance for replacing cycles of the timing belt chain/spark plugs/ATM fluid for this vehicle?

The MB maindealer told no changes are needed for the 'timing belt chain' and 'ATM fluid' on this car. Spark plugs are every other years (Service B), but how can I drive further without replacing timing belt and ATM fluid?

cheers,

If the timing chain hasn't been changed in the 120,000 miles you may be on borrowed time and the same goes for the transmission fluid. An MB main dealer is the last place to ask those questions if you want an honest answer. They will just look in the book and say it's not a scheduled maintenance item which means nothing from an engineering point of view. An MB independent would give a different answer based on their experience.

Spark plugs are 40,000 miles or every 4 years.

Spark plugs cycles as mentioned.
ATM fluid every 40K miles as well.

Mine is 58 plate and timing belt chain hasn't been changed either. Now on 109K miles. Prestige Car Service has not recommended it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom