W204 C200 CDI Diesel Fuel Filter Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dickybow

Hello

Would someone be so kind to advise on the fuel filter change on my 2008 C200 CDI ?

I have bought the filter and hand primer already.

Which hose on the filter needs to be attached to primer ?

Regards

Last edited:
Hi..I watch my indie change mine and all he did was remove both pipes, remove old filter, reconnect pipes to new one and turn on ignition so all dash lights were on and wait for the pump to fill the new filter and then started car, I'm sure that was it

Thanks for the reply

Some people do it using your method but I believe the correct way is to prime the system to spare the pump, battery and to prevent air locks

So where is the filter on this engine? And which method did you finally adopt?

So where is the filter on this engine? And which method did you finally adopt?

It is under the engine cover on the right - you can not miss it

I still haven't done it yet, not entirely confident

Thanks for the reply

Some people do it using your method but I believe the correct way is to prime the system to spare the pump, battery and to prevent air locks

I agree, i always use a vac pump on mine to prime the system. You can if you choose to just disconnect both pipes and refit to the new filter and pull the fuel through with the batt. but an airlock is then a distinct possibility. IMO

Thanks for the reply

I agree, i always use a vac pump on mine to prime the system. You can if you choose to just disconnect both pipes and refit to the new filter and pull the fuel through with the batt. but an airlock is then a distinct possibility. IMO

The system is self bleeding, if it wasn't, the method of just attaching the filter without priming wouldn't work, as there would be an air lock in the system.

Of course, always better to be safe than sorry, but the modern system has advanced to a level where the priming is not required. The car also starts at the first go straight after changing the filter.

I just found the MB method and it simply says detach the pipes, connect new ones and bleed.
To bleed, switch on the ignition, wait 5 seconds, switch off. Repeat 5-6 times. Done

Switch the ignition on you can hear the air being pushed through the system and ending up in the tank, you can then start the engine.

You can of course remove the pipes, and on the new filter fill with fresh diesel before installing - it can be done, and have done this many a time without incident. The Vac pump is also the best method unless you have a spare £600 notes in your back pocket..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom