W204 C200 Cdi Engine light at high speeds! Fault Code P2279

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzmanW204

Car
C200 cdi W204 (2012)
Hey forum. I have an issue with my C class c200 CDi (2012).

So basically, the car runs and drives fine. Plenty of boost with confirmed boost pressure via obd bluetooth module. The strange thing is, If I drive the car over 70mph for a few seconds (i.e. 80Mph for 10 seconds or maybe 90Mph, of course on a suitable road purely for testing purposes), The check engine light illuminates and the car goes into limp mode. The only way to remove the light and get out of limp mode is to clear the faults on the ECU.

Originally, the app Torque pro stated P2263 to be a "current fault". The garage carbon-cleaned the intake and reset the ecu. The car drove perfectly fine after the ecu is cleared, but pushing the speed when driving triggered the check engine light as well as limp-mode. After the carbon-clean, Torque pro was stating 2 fault codes: P2263 and P2279, both as "Pending faults". The car then has had some pressure sensor replaced but that had not fixed the issue. The garage had said they do not suspect the o2 sensor as being a culprit. Other garages have suggested the DPF could be clogged, but there never has been a DPF error light on the dashboard before so I'm not sure if that would have been picked up.

Since the sensor change and last ECU reset, after receiving the check engine light yet again, torque pro is now showing one fault, stating P2279 as a pending fault, whilst the check engine light remains illuminated.

I have now scanned the fault codes on an app called "Car Scanner Pro". The latest scan results as well as the previous results are attached. Any help, suggestions or ideas on next steps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 9
Turned out there was a split in my boost pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_20190920_115001.jpg
    IMG_20190920_115001.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom