W204 c200 CDI water pump.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitefang

Car
e320 cdi, 525tds bmw,
Hi all.
Hope your all well.

Can I ask for help please...
Family member as a car w204 c200 CDI 2010.

She needs new water pump.
But we cant find any.
I got a part number off the pump that is still on the car (it's just about lasting out).

But the part number I'm looking for I can't find. Except for eBay 2nd hand. ( No way thank you).

The part number on the pump on the car is A6512002001.

I have tried a search on a database site for the part using the sisters chassis number & the only thing that comes up is part of the pump.

The part number that comes is A6512001901.

The attached file, with a picture is 1 used on eBay.
Do any of you have ideas please.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 10
Contact You local dealer, they are not as expensive as you might think. They will provide the correct revised OEM part, never fit an aftermarket pump to these, it would be asking for problems.

You probably cant find the exact part number you need as Mercedes revised the design and probably gave it a new part code to.

How doing tonygw.
Yes, think she did but can't remember what she said to me, something about 300€.
For a pump. Bit steep.

Thanks mate.

i think that part number is for the housing the pump connects to not the actual pump,

Hi ya kendog91,
I thought / think the same... It's just the housing.
Still tho , if that part is weeping ( not sure if it is or not) (the pump is noisy tho) should still be able to locate a new Joe blogs / after market part, that corsponding part number.

Any idea how the unit works,? By chance.

Why would they use those funny star shape bolts with the pin thing, instead of normal 10mm bolts say.?

i've just recently changed the water pump on my w212 e220, pretty straight forward, you have about 5 or 6 bolts that connect the water pump to the housing, then you have 4 bolts that connect the housing to the engine block, the whole process took about an hour to take off and put back on far more easier if just the water pump needs to be changed, the problem i had was a cracked housing where the pump connected, didn't show on a pressure test and was missed by a mechanic (i think he was a mechanic).

i think this might be the part number for you pump A6512000300 was seen on this tutorial video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
hope this helps?

Yes, can't see it being to much of a big job.

I haven't seen it on the car so can't say if the housing is weeping, she's not sure if to just get the part im calling the pump & leaving the housing.
Be a pain tho if we replace that & it starts weeping tho...
Be handy to locate a part if we need it.

You changed the belt aswell yes..

didn't need to change my belt as i done this on my last service, but i would recommend changing it yes.

Not looked over YouTube or anything, probably will do tho later, come to think of it.

All information helps some what kendog91. Cool for that.
Thanks

the mistake i made was not checking the housing before changing the pump, car was on the drive for 5 days before the housing was delivered and could put all back together, so definitely check the housing :), also i was told the seal behind the housing didn't need to be changed but i did it just to be on the safe side.

O yes...if I take anything off with a seal, I nearly always replace it with new. Can't take the chance really.

Thanks a lot kendog91 / all.

IL let you what we go with incase any of you see this part number.

hi all,
sister ordered the pump a6512001901 with new gasket.

hope it all goes well.

good luck with your issue's, il keep any eye over the site & hopefully il be able to lend a hand.
talk to you soon.
please keep safe with the virus going around.

So, as long as the housing is not leaking, I can just change the pump and gasket by undoing the Torx bolts?

Thanks

Hi sceh.
Oman ...so sorry I'm only replying now.
Hope you got it sorted.
Yeah that's all we done & still today it's fine (tapping on wood / my head, that I'm not ginkins it).

I like to reply to my problems i ask you all for help on, to give an all done job, & a thank you to folk that help. But must of forgot on this.
Talk to you later. Happy / safe motoring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom