W204/C204 rear ashtray 12v socket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garycat

Car
2014 C Class 220CDI Coupe
It looks as though some models of the 2014 W204/C204 are fitted with a rear ashtray with 12v socket. This would be useful for me to provide the kids with a USB charging point in the back.

Is it possible to find and fit an aftermarket part? I've seen some on ebay but they are from the US and appear to have a different fit to the small blanking cover on mine.

If you don't mind drilling a hole in the blanking cover you could fit one of these dedicated USB charging sockets. 12V/24V USB Twin Dual Power Motorcycle Boat Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Plug UK | eBay
Running the wires along the length of the centre console to connect to the front power socket.

Yes, that was another option I considered. There is an ideal area just below the vents but when I pulled out the upper panel containing the vents there was not enough room behind for the 50mm or so that it would use.

The lower blanking cover points downwards at the trans tunnel so that would be awkward to plug the cable in, and you know how awkward USB cables are at the best of times. You never get it right first time :)

As a follow up to my question... I bought a rear ashtray/12v socket off ebay for approx £20 + £13 P&P as it came from the US. It fitted perfectly where the blanking plate was on my C204.

I ran a wire to the front of the centre console and tapped into the 12v socket cable there using crimp connectors.

IMG_1310.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom