W204 c220 amg rims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dragonstone

Car
C220 amg Estate
My 18in rims give me grief, I need to know if I fit 17in will they fit and is the tyre size the same all round or are they as the 18in larger on the back to the front, if any one knows what size 17in tyres go on them?

What car is it?

Have a look at alloy wheels direct. It'll give you an idea of the options available on your car in terms of genuine MB/AMG wheels; a quick look suggests that in 17" they are also a staggered fitment as with the 18's.

I have 17" AMG rims on my 2008 S204 C220, they are indeed staggered, 225/45 front tyres and 245/40 rears. IIRC front rims are 7 1/2J and rears 8J. The alloywheelsdirect site will give you the full spec including ET and PCD, I bought mine second hand from eBay and you need this info to make sure you get the correct sizes. You may also find this info in the back of your owners manual as 17's were optional when purchasing - although mine came on original 16" Elegance wheels!

I have 17" AMG rims on my 2008 S204 C220, they are indeed staggered, 225/45 front tyres and 245/40 rears. IIRC front rims are 7 1/2J and rears 8J. The alloywheelsdirect site will give you the full spec including ET and PCD, I bought mine second hand from eBay and you need this info to make sure you get the correct sizes. You may also find this info in the back of your owners manual as 17's were optional when purchasing - although mine came on original 16" Elegance wheels!
Thanks that's marvolous.

I should also have said that I found the 16" wheels made the feel of the car a bit "wallowy", I was concerned that upping to 17's might firm the ride up, but instead not only has it made the drive more precise and accurate, it also got the thumbs up from management for an acceptable comfortable ride whether she's passenger (most of the time) or driving! Tyres were originally GY Eagle F1 Assyms, still have those on the rear (as I can't find an all season in 245/40 R17) but now Michelin Crossclimates on the front, which are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom