W204 C220 Aux In Volume 2008 (58)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKH

Car
Mercedes C220 CDI Sport (sold)
Hi Guys,

On my W204 C Class C220 Sport 2008 (58 Plate) the Aux In volume when connected to iPhone iPod etc seems to be lower in comparison to the volume for CD and the Radio Player.

In comparison my previous C Class which was a W204 on a 2007 (57 Plate) that had a Boost feature within the Aux menu which this does not have and also my previous car had a 6 CD changer optional extra which may be the reason for the Boost feature to be present?

I have tried different cables which neither were faulty and also different devices with all volumes set to max. Any insight or thoughts much appreciated.

Regards,

AKH

Last edited:
I believe this is just how it is. I assume you are using the iPhone/iPod headphone jack? That is not a true aux out, so the volume can be tricky. Make sure your iPhone settings aware all at max with Sound Check off in Music.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

There are a few ways to get around this issue. Buy an inline booster (a couple of pounds but normally battery operated), fit something like Denison Gateway which boosts the signal and is powered by the car electrics, add theMB iPod module to the existing system or update the head unit completely. These are in ascending cost….another cheap way would be an FM transmitter and tune your radio to that frequency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom