W204 C220 CDI - Best Oil Type?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MatthewUK

Car
2013 C220 CDI Coupe
Hi Everyone!

I am new to the forum and thought I would start my first post with a question that I need answering.

Recently I have just aquired a 2013 Mercedes C220 CDI Coupe (w204), I am looking to service it but of course want to use the best parts possible to keep the engine running as it should. What is the best oil type for the C220 CDI engine please? Not sure if it makes a difference but my car is the Blue Efficiency model with 170BHP.

Thanks again!

Mines done at MB think they used Shell helix ultra 5w-30 on my w204/w205. back moons ago when I serviced my own cars I used to use the “oilman” from opie oils, do a Google search enter reg etc, decent prices and a good range of oils,

Hope that helps

Regards

Choose a manufacturers spec approved / meets or exceeds the requirements of.....

And change the oil sooner

20201018_120238.jpg

Welcome.

The 'best' engine oil has been the subject of much debate (and disagreement) here, and in fact on most automotive forums...

Mercedes-Benz recommends that you use engine oil that is approved by them to meet the relevant spec sheet for your engine. For your car, the minimum spec is MB229.51, the newer spec is MB229.52. Either will do, though the later spec is slightly better.

With regards to brand, you can't go wrong with Mercedes-branded oil (see Spider10's post above). But ultimately, any oil brand that meets the spec above will do.

Find a decent merc indy that uses genuine parts, you wont go wrong!

fluids spec here

Thanks everyone for your reply. It's good to join a forum where everyone can collaborate together and to get a better understanding on maintaining your car with the correct products.

I will go ahead with some Mercedes own branded oil from eBay as mentioned by @Spider10

Hi Everyone!

I am new to the forum and thought I would start my first post with a question that I need answering.

Recently I have just aquired a 2013 Mercedes C220 CDI Coupe (w204), I am looking to service it but of course want to use the best parts possible to keep the engine running as it should. What is the best oil type for the C220 CDI engine please? Not sure if it makes a difference but my car is the Blue Efficiency model with 170BHP.

Thanks again!
hi i have the same car as you same colour too,i use mobil 1 esp 5/30 or castrol edge i change my oil every 6000 miles

hi i have the same car as you same colour too,i use mobil 1 esp 5/30 or castrol edge i change my oil every 6000 miles
Thanks for the suggestion! I think Mercedes recommend to service every 10k or 1 year don't they? Of course I understand people prefer to do it a few miles before to look after the engine a bit more!

Thanks for the suggestion! I think Mercedes recommend to service every 10k or 1 year don't they? Of course I understand people prefer to do it a few miles before to look after the engine a bit more!
15500 on this engine

I wouldn't wait till that mileage on any vehicle before an oil change for the sake of £100 ish

I wouldn't wait till that mileage on any vehicle before an oil change for the sake of £100 ish
Certainly not on a diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom