W204 C220 CDI - HARD Clutch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mc4

Car
C220 CDI
Hi, I bought an used 2011 C220 CDI with 60.000 km, manual trans and noticed since the beggining that the clutch was very stiff and is was a little hard to start in first gear and also when engaging the second gear. The car seems to sob a little, what I think it is not normal, but the main problem was riding in town, because the clutch is very stiff...
I ask a friend who knows Mercedes and he said that this is not normal, the Class C has a nice clutch and mine have a problem. It didn't slip at all, only the sob and the stiff.
He said that maybe the former owner could drive with is left foot always in the clucth pedal and that may have caused a warming of the cluctch and that could cause the hardness...
What do you think? Anyone has a problem like mine?
Is is normal a clutch so stiff?

Regards.
MC4

As a clutch plate wears, it is normal for the clutch pedal to become a little stiffer to depress due to the 'fingers' of the clutch cover moving outwards and requiring more pressure on the pedal to depress them....The stiff gear engagement is probably due to 'clutch drag'....so, you probably need a new clutch plate and associated components, (clutch cover, thrust bearing.....dmf?)

Either way, sounds like a gearbox removal job.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom