W204 C220 CDI Remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swinders

Car
C220 CDI
Planning to get a remap done in the spring and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for places, or who to avoid?

I'm based in North Kent but don't mind travelling...

I wouldn't bother on anything less than a 350 sport mate, mines 139bhp in a c200 sport cdi and I couldn't get much more out of that, maybe to the same as a 170bhp c220cdi sport but yours is an SE not a sport isn't it, so I'm not sure what bhp yours is?

Of course its worth mapping, it will be up to realms of 250 power output. ie, from 170bhp to 205bhp or more. Well worth it.

Being a sport or se makes no difference whatsoever, so not too sure why above poster has stated this? as that is purely trim level and has nothing to do with mapping of engines etc.

Any diesel is worth a map in reality.

Sent from my iPhone

Have a look online

Have a look online

I've done that and found a few but obviously that doesn't tell me much, would be good to get some first hand unbiased opinions of like minded folk.

MSL seems to crop up regularly, and have seen some good things said about them on here.

Hi, sorry but I can't advise as I've never had this done, but for clarity, are you referring to the "inline" type mapping devices which are diy fit or an ecu remap? For the former, Chip Express seem to be popular and claim 207bhp (210ps) from a 168bhp 170ps 220cd1. I believe this is £395 but I have seen cheaper boxes available. I have considered fitting one of these boxes to my w204 but I need to be convinced that they don't harm the engine first. The general consensus is that they're okay though.

Last edited:
Hi, sorry but I can't advise as I've never had this done, but for clarity, are you referring to the "inline" type mapping devices which are diy fit or an ecu remap? For the former, Chip Express seem to be popular and claim 207bhp (210ps) from a 168bhp 170ps 220cd1. I believe this is £395 but I have seen cheaper boxes available. I have considered fitting one of these boxes to my w204 but I need to be convinced that they don't harm the engine first. The general consensus is that they're okay though.

I'm referring to an ecu remap, I'm a bit wary of the in line type that you mentioned, not sure whether anyone has had experience with these...

kjb1 said:
Of course its worth mapping, it will be up to realms of 250 power output. ie, from 170bhp to 205bhp or more. Well worth it. Being a sport or se makes no difference whatsoever, so not too sure why above poster has stated this? as that is purely trim level and has nothing to do with mapping of engines etc. Any diesel is worth a map in reality. Sent from my iPhone

I'm just thinking in realistic terms, if I was in that position I'd want more and then realise I may as well get a c250... Then again and think well I may as well get a 350

Regarding SE/Sport, I mentioned that as I thought the gearboxes were different? In relation to what torque they can handle

Hi..fit a brabus d3s tuning kit, specifically made for the c220 cdi engine, easily removable when you sell and you can recoup some of your money back when you sell it.
I have one fitted to my car and it really transforms the performance and also seems to make the engine run quieter and of course a few extra mpg due to the extra torque assuming you don't rag it, picked mine up from ebay and fitted it myself

I wouldn't bother on anything less than a 350 sport mate, mines 139bhp in a c200 sport cdi and I couldn't get much more out of that, maybe to the same as a 170bhp c220cdi sport but yours is an SE not a sport isn't it, so I'm not sure what bhp yours is?

Depending on what year yours is the 136bhp goes to either 180bhp or 200bhp? Well worth doing.

OP - What year is your car?

BFT@MSL said:
Depending on what year yours is the 136bhp goes to either 180bhp or 200bhp? Well worth doing. OP - What year is your car?

Really? That's impressive, mine is 2010 prefacelift but a blue efficiency if that makes a difference?

OP's car is a 2013 model

Depending on what year yours is the 136bhp goes to either 180bhp or 200bhp? Well worth doing.

OP - What year is your car?

Mines a 2013, currently has 167bhp and 295 torque if I'm correct...

I did send an enquiry through to you on your website earlier today.

Really? That's impressive, mine is 2010 prefacelift but a blue efficiency if that makes a difference?

OP's car is a 2013 model

Around 50bhp and 160nm on yours my friend, not to be sniffed at. Depends on your DPF health of course!

Mines a 2013, currently has 167bhp and 295 torque if I'm correct...

I did send an enquiry through to you on your website earlier today.

MSL or Big Fish Tuning mate? Sorry I haven't seen it, bloody computers.

Yours usually gains 40bhp and around 90nm of torque. Cheers!

MSL or Big Fish Tuning mate? Sorry I haven't seen it, bloody computers.

Yours usually gains 40bhp and around 90nm of torque. Cheers!

On the MSL site

Will give Michael a nudge for you. If you call the main MSL number and ask for Michael or Acid sometimes the best way.

i've seen that TDI tuning in Essex has got a tuning box thats meant to have up to 222bhp from the map and nearly 500nm of torque. meant to be better as it connects to two points on the engine, not just one. but unsure if it would be safe with the known timing chain problems.

i've seen that TDI tuning in Essex has got a tuning box thats meant to have up to 222bhp from the map and nearly 500nm of torque. meant to be better as it connects to two points on the engine, not just one. but unsure if it would be safe with the known timing chain problems.

I would personally steer clear from a tuning box.

Practically all these Delphi ecu, one turbo models have same size of injectors and turbos.
So they all gives ~same power and torque, 500 nm/210 hp.
180/200 manual versions clutch won't last that torq, it must be reduced to ~400nm level.
OM651 220 cdi engine has a double turbo, same injectors = same torq as above, 20-30hp more power.
250 cdi has bigger injectors, ~600 nm/280hp available, I have tried to get more many times, but the program is so difficult, that I haven't find the solution for it yet.
Hopefully some day ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom