W204 C220 CDI Remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i thought the C220 and C250 have identical OM651 twinturbo engines? also if it does have bigger injectors would it be possible to upgrade easily or is it a MB job to update the ECU with the new part?

I was wondering the same. Is it a case of upgrading the injectors of the C220 OM651 to C250 OM651 ones then mapping to suit? I'm guessing the injectors will be quite costly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just had my W204 C220 CDI remapped at Ecotune in Glasgow.

I prefer a remap of the ecu over a tuning box as the ecu can be tweaked to suit on a rolling road.

I know all rolling roads will give a slightly different readout but at least you can see the difference pre and post remap. Here's the graph from Tuesday

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p170/Gogs_11/W204 Merc/7BC774F9-41DF-4D55-83D8-486AEEB09740.jpg

That Dyno is pretty impressive, how much did you pay for the remap if you don't mind me asking? How's it been since?

It's a good setup they've got at Ecotune. All the prices are listed on the website, it's not cheapest however the upside is that the car is put on the rollers before and after.

I've only used the car twice since having it done however the extra torque so far is impressive. It did struggle for traction in 2nd gear in manual mode on a damp road surface when under hard acceleration. The car can still be driven smoothly especially in full auto though.

i thought the C220 and C250 have identical OM651 twinturbo engines? also if it does have bigger injectors would it be possible to upgrade easily or is it a MB job to update the ECU with the new part?

I think that injectors are the only difference.
In 250cdi the injector map there is values up to 120mg/stroke fueling level.
In all the other versions only 90mg/stroke.
90mg gives ~500nm, 120mg gives a ~ 600nm.

250cdi 4wd automatic

35lztkm.jpg

OM651 200cdi automatic

246pgqv.jpg

I think that injectors are the only difference.
In 250cdi the injector map there is values up to 120mg/stroke fueling level.
In all the other versions only 90mg/stroke.
90mg gives ~500nm, 120mg gives a ~ 600nm.

250cdi 4wd automatic

35lztkm.jpg

OM651 200cdi automatic

246pgqv.jpg

thought the c200 cdi was a single turbo so wouldnt be the same as the c250 torque wise?

Maybe I do not understand you right, but there isn't anything particularly wise about this, it is only fun.

Maybe I do not understand you right, but there isn't anything particularly wise about this, it is only fun.

I think that whaf MercS204 is suggesting, is that the torque figures should be the same for both the C200CDI and C250CDI engines.

No they shouldn't
200 cdi = single turbo, smaller injectors.
250 cdi = double turbo, bigger injectors
I have explained this earlier.

500nm demands ~88mg fuel/stroke and 200cdi's injector map ends to 90mg/stroke.

Remap

I've just had my W204 C220 CDI remapped at Ecotune in Glasgow.

I prefer a remap of the ecu over a tuning box as the ecu can be tweaked to suit on a rolling road.

I know all rolling roads will give a slightly different readout but at least you can see the difference pre and post remap. Here's the graph from Tuesday

Would u recommend them then ( very close to me) , did they remove ecu or was it done through obd port

/QUOTE]good service ? I took mine to gad north in Newcastle and he didn't have the right connectors for my ecu ??? Mines is 2008 w204 220 cdi sport

Yes I would definitely recommend them. I had zero hassles, dropped the car off in the morning and collected in the afternoon. They also told me to take the car for a test run to make sure I was happy with it before parting with the cash. The staff I spoke with seemed very knowledgeable.

I would have liked to stay to watch the rolling road runs but I wasn't able to due to work commitments so I'm not sure if it was done via OBD port or not.

OM651 => via OBD
OM646 => table
The first W204's are OM646, ~06-09.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom