W204 C220 - Fuel Temperature Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

omar187

Car
mercedes
Hi guys

can anyone tell me where the fuel temperature sensor is located?

I have the following code showing P0183 Fuel Temperature Sensor A Circuit High Input

Many Thanks

hello omar187 - did you get anywhere with the sensor location - the code for my c220 is showing up also.

Someone must surely know where the fuel sensor is located. I have the same problem. Please help?

Hi guys

I have the following code showing P0183 Fuel Temperature Sensor A Circuit High Input

Many Thanks

I’ve not really replace the sensor yet it’s due to come through the post today. After some research it’s in front of the engine I’ll attach a image I’ve seen online

Hope it helps lads. Does anyone does when engine is dipping in power 1/2 seconds is that caused by this sensor or isit a fuel filter issue (I’ve changed this but no luck) or isit a injector ?

Attachments

• 7AC85657-4B67-4D06-BCDB-9ED8C85E48E9.jpeg
    7AC85657-4B67-4D06-BCDB-9ED8C85E48E9.jpeg
    411.8 KB · Views: 111
I think it’s just below and to the left of the big round bit / high pressure pump on the front of the engine. There’s a thing with the connector on an angle which I think is the quantity valve and the thing next to it I *think* is the temperature. I would look at it and compare it to your new part to check.

I have just had to have this replaced too - EML came on, but before that I also experienced blips where the engine lost drive. Haven't had it since the sensor was replaced.

I also wondered if it was injector. I have stuck a can of BG244 in in case the sensor was making the car run rich and clogging the injectors.

ACMS did it for 170 all in.

I’ve not really replace the sensor yet it’s due to come through the post today. After some research it’s in front of the engine I’ll attach a image I’ve seen online

Hope it helps lads. Does anyone does when engine is dipping in power 1/2 seconds is that caused by this sensor or isit a fuel filter issue (I’ve changed this but no luck) or isit a injector ?
Hi Mazzz,

Did you replace your fuel temperature sensor? Is the sensor the one in the picture you uploaded with the green arrow pointing to it? Thanks.

Hi Mazzz,

Did you replace your fuel temperature sensor? Is the sensor the one in the picture you uploaded with the green arrow pointing to it? Thanks.

Hello wingo,

Yhh I replaced it and I’ve not had the engine management light since. Also I haven’t had any dip in power either

Hello wingo,

Yhh I replaced it and I’ve not had the engine management light since. Also I haven’t had any dip in power either

Great! Was the replacement just simply unplugging the wiring and unscrewing the sensor and replace with new? Thanks.

Yes it’s as simple as that I did it in my garden, hope it gets sorted lad

Yes it’s as simple as that I did it in my garden, hope it gets sorted lad
Mazzz, Thanks for the info. I have the same problem on my W204 here in Australia. Can you tell me where you got the part? I am having trouble getting one here. If it was a genuine Merc part, do you know the part number?

Mazzz, Thanks for the info. I have the same problem on my W204 here in Australia. Can you tell me where you got the part? I am having trouble getting one here. If it was a genuine Merc part, do you know the part number?
Did you sort it Greg ?
I got one from the UK for $65 I think it was and I'm just about to do it, I'm also in Melbourne...well Craigieburn but close enough if you want a hand.
Cheers Steve

Hi guys

Many Thanks
Replaced mine just recently. It would, on occasion, have split second where I could feel a loss of power. The sensor is in the front of the engine, just underneath where the air intake runs across it. Just un-clip the wire and undo it. You’ll see fuel in there when you remove it. After this I had no more blips and the code could be cleared. Sorry, it won’t let me upload a picture of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom