W204 C220cdi - tell me about chipping please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes W204 C220cdi Estate Ford Fiesta Mk 4
As above - all advice - good and bad - gratefully received :dk:

Thanks in anticipation

Mike

What do you want to know?

Have a look at my offers on at the gtg.

Contacted MSL via their website but no reply yet?

Hi all just had my merc class c220 cdi 2.2 2006 model remapped and I would like to say it's the best mod I have made changed the air filter to its has improved mpg to 5 miles per gallon and mid range power is great don't mess about with the chip boxes they don't work you need to remap the ecu my and I deleted the egr valve to it only cost me £125 ? Great value

It was tuscan motor company BL65SLScot Lane Blackrod Industrial Estate not to sure I like ur attitude m8 I was just trying to help the man who was going to get stung with one of the chip boxes

It was tuscan motor company BL65SLScot Lane Blackrod Industrial Estate not to sure I like ur attitude m8 I was just trying to help the man who was going to get stung with one of the chip boxes

I don't like your attitude either, but thanks for the info. :doh:

pem1 said:
Hi all.

Just had my merc class c220 cdi 2.2 2006 model remapped, and I would like to say it's the best mod I have made. I changed the air filter too.

This has also improved +5 miles per gallon, and the mid range power is great. Don't mess about with the chip boxes, they don't work.

You need to remap the ecu, that and I deleted the egr valve. It only cost me circa, £125?

Great value

For ease of reading! :thumb:

Plus I didn't think Tec had an attitude, it was a suggestion/question

Hi all just had my merc class c220 cdi 2.2 2006 model remapped and I would like to say it's the best mod I have made changed the air filter to its has improved mpg to 5 miles per gallon and mid range power is great don't mess about with the chip boxes they don't work you need to remap the ecu my and I deleted the egr valve to it only cost me £125 ? Great value
That was bloody cheap was it a generic map they used? At that price it has to be. What BHP and Torque have you got?

Hi he read my ecu saved it to his laptop then sent it to some one and in 3/4 of a hour he reprogrammed it back in he's said 190 bhp I can't remember the other figure and deleted egr valve he travels round Manchester area and he's called eddy I have is phone number if anybody wants it is am well chuffed with it

pem1 said:
Hi he read my ecu saved it to his laptop then sent it to some one and in 3/4 of a hour he reprogrammed it back in he's said 190 bhp I can't remember the other figure and deleted egr valve he travels round Manchester area and he's called eddy I have is phone number if anybody wants it is am well chuffed with it

40+ hike in HP and an EGR delete for £125 sounds like an pretty good price

Thanks for the input all - including the "sparky bits". Have spoken to Acid, who was very helpful so much appreciated. Have decided to take up the special offer from PCS on GTG day as I will be there anyways.

Mike

This is something I'm considering for my W204 C220 too. Does it affect warranty etc?

Any recommendations near Lincoln?

TIA.

Sorry, didn't get a word of that, could you maybe try again with some puncuation? :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Russ

Sorry I am not has educated as you but u get the drift

Well my remap is still going well 12 months on running sweet as a nut much better than a chip box ? please don't get stung with one get a ecu remap ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom