W204 C220d Alloys?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ItsDavidBrent

Car
2012 W204 C220
Hi everyone, new to this forum however followed it for a while when carrying out bits of work on my car. I have a 2012 C220d AMG BlueEfficiency and was looking at changing the wheels to improve the look of the car a bit and mine are a bit ragged. I've seen some C63 style 19" wheels for sale from wheel base London that I like, but not sure whether these would be too big/too harsh a drive. If anyone can give me any recommendations that would be great. I've attached a picture of the car so any ideas throw them at me. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• car.PNG
    car.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
I had 19“ on a W204 C63 and the ride was firm but the suspension was also firm. I assume you have 18” on at the moment in which case you should notice a difference in firmness if you opt for the 19” but not too much as you already have a softer suspension set up on your car.
The 19” do look better imo.

For fitting..... There's loads of options in the handbook.
For ride quality.... You'll need to rely on recommendations from users.

The C63 has firmer springs and damping which copes with increased wheel weight ( unsprung mass ) putting on 19" won't work as well and that's why your actual suspension had a 18" maximum wheel specified , so the answer is the OEM Ronal AMG 7 spokes assuming yours are 17" ?

The ones I have are 18", Ive just bought some c63 style wheels 8.5j/9.5j Et42/45, waiting on them being delivered. The company I bought them from are wheel smart london and after consulting with them over the last few days I decided to go ahead. Will post some pictures when I have them fitted. Can anybody recommend a good tyre brand 235/35/19 + 255/30/19 as I'd rather go for a set that have been tried and tested. I commute long miles to Norwich and back so a good brand would be beneficial.

Any advice is appreciated

Lots of good tyre brands, but tyres can be a personal choice. Have a look at tyre reviews.
Remember to advise your insurer of the wheel modification, otherwise your policy may be invalidated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom