W204 c250 CGI Brake Pad Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash1212002

Car
W204 c250 cgi facelift petrol 2011
W204 c250 cgi petrol

Front brake pads will need to be replaced soon, would you recommend genuine oem?

Or any of the following brands stated below from carparts4less which are slightly cheaper than the oems with discount code :)

Textar
Bosch
Ate
Pagid

Cheers

Bump, anyone have any thoughts?

Genuine MB. It's hassle-free and a guaranteed fit.

If you are concerned about brake dust, you could try ceramic pads, they leave fine white dust that is hardly noticeable and doesn't stick to the alloy. But check fitment for your car, they can be noisy with certain type of discs (drilled/grooved etc).

Ceramic is only a part make up of the pad , the dust isn't white but lighter in colour and more easily washed away .

Grooved are always noisy .

Genuine MB. It's hassle-free and a guaranteed fit.

If you are concerned about brake dust, you could try ceramic pads, they leave fine white dust that is hardly noticeable and doesn't stick to the alloy. But check fitment for your car, they can be noisy with certain type of discs (drilled/grooved etc).

Which brands do the ceramic pads?

From experience I would avoid Pagid, the last set I fitted didn't last long, had un-even wear and were very noisy. The pads were not the best fit either.

+1 the front rotors shaked as they got hot .

And then there's the volcanic dust from the pads .

Considering, AtE ceramic brake pads, any thoughts?

Anything else i should consider?

They don't have a performance advantage .

Ferodo Eco Friction

I like the name Brembo, don't know how they compare but I like the name.

They don't have a performance advantage .

Ferodo Eco Friction

The ferodos, Are they ceramics or create less dust?

Would you recommend the ferodo's over AtE ceramic pads?

Last edited:
Yes they have ceramic in them .

" The Ferodo Eco-Friction™ range uses a variety of metal sulphides, minerals, abrasives, fibres, ceramic particles and types of graphite to achieve the same wear and friction characteristics as pads with copper."

I run full sets of EBC Redstuff on 3 cars but they're expensive .

A chap who had the Redstuff fitted on an RS3 is happy with the Ferodo Eco Friction .

Last edited:
Various materials resulting in a low dust pad .

I run full sets of EBC Redstuff on 3 cars but they're expensive .

A chap who had the Redstuff fitted on an RS3 is happy with the Ferodo Eco Friction .

Great, good to know, if they are good for an RS3 then I'm sure I'll be more than happy with them on my c250 ;)

I'll purchase the ferodos over the AtE ceramics :)

Cheers

I'll get them next time .

Let them bed in and let us know what you think .

Car has done 50k, front discs look ok, I'll just be replacing the front pads soon

Will report back 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom