W204 C250 - DPF Pressure Sensor Fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, do you have a link for the sensor you bought? Might be worth having a spare in the tool box....
UPDATE:

I installed a new genuine MB sensor, cleared the codes before and after and so far all good! Done a couple of motorway journeys (a total driven of around 70 miles) and no limp mode anymore!
Thank you all who have given me solid advice.
Thanks.

It's on about revision seven so best bought when required which might then be revision 8/9 by then and the very latest software update that will wipe any planned future remap !

Perfect, thanks. Saved in my watch list!
To note, there is no 'genuine' MB part as such, they don't manufacturer their own DPF sensor. It is actually a Bosch part, and I found you could purchase it cheaper by searching for the Bosch part number rather than the MB one. It is the OEM part but branded Bosch instead of MB, part 0281006278 you can find it on eBay etc.

It's on about revision seven so best bought when required which might then be revision 8/9 by then and the very latest software update that will wipe any planned future remap !

These are pretty basic sensors. Just because the revision has changed they are not going to change characteristics such that it would require a new software.
Can you imagine the complexity Mercedes would have to deal with? They'd have to have software for each permutation of sensors ever released. Each software release costs money.

The revision of part is usually due to a minor change like a sub component supplier change, material change etc. It means they can track these changes in the field.

It is very rare for a hardware change to require a corresponding software update. It certainly won't happen multiple times and on simple components like these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom