W204 C250 with Xenon ILS - being flashed at

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reason42

Car
E250 Coupe 2014 facelift CDI AMG Sport Line
Hello all,

Driving around the country lanes my ILS is a fantastic aid. If an oncoming car approaches it automatically dips etc. All well and expected. However, even when always dipped I'm still getting flashed at as if I have the main beam on.

I then saw coming towards me in the dark the same car and light system as mine - a bright white with shards of laser blue piercing my vision. They are extremely bright and I can see why other road users are flashing me.

Is there a setting or anything I can do to make them not so bright or something? Is this a common aspect of ILS?

Thanks in advanced fellow MB owners.

reason42

Hello all,

Driving around the country lanes my ILS is a fantastic aid. If an oncoming car approaches it automatically dips etc. All well and expected. However, even when always dipped I'm still getting flashed at as if I have the main beam on.

I then saw coming towards me in the dark the same car and light system as mine - a bright white with shards of laser blue piercing my vision. They are extremely bright and I can see why other road users are flashing me.

Is there a setting or anything I can do to make them not so bright or something? Is this a common aspect of ILS?

Thanks in advanced fellow MB owners.

reason42

Got the same system in my C250. It does seem rather more keen to main beam that I would manually.

Having said that, I haven't been flashed by oncoming card in the year I've had it. The dip cut-off seems reasonable, so I'd guess maybe adjustment is possibly required for yours?

Got the same system in my C250. It does seem rather more keen to main beam that I would manually.

Having said that, I haven't been flashed by oncoming card in the year I've had it. The dip cut-off seems reasonable, so I'd guess maybe adjustment is possibly required for yours?

Ok, that's interesting feedback, thanks. I will enquire with the dealer about it as I wasn't sure adjustment was possible. I thought the mini light show it does when I start the car up made everything 'level' or something like that.

I've got to the point now that when I do get flashed I then flash them back to show them what bright really is! :devil:

Xenon Headlights are that right compared to standard halogen units that I get Flashed all the time even when there dipped, as long there dip when oncoming traffic approaches then I think your fine

I think the self levelling can make the oncoming lights look odd too with the odd spurious flash.

Wow........sounds like MB are fitting cheap aftermarket HiDs now, isn't that the problem with them and which everyone hates, they blind other users? :rolleyes:

:D

never been flashed with mine- but always was in a Mondeo I had. I'd get the adjustment checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom