W204 C250CDI Thermostat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldar

Car
C250CDI
Hi,
My trusty 2012 W204 C250CDI has a dodgy thermostat, I strongly suspect. Takes way too long to heat up, and then falls to 60c driven gently. Heater output is poor. I've checked the gauge, and that is fine.

So, failing thermostat. Is replacement straightforward, or requiring magic incantations a dealer must supply?

Thanks.

Comes as part of a plastic housing, done a few now, more so for leaking.

Wiring harness needs to be moved out of the way and without special hose clip pliers it would be a bit of a struggle.

Have something very similar on my C220 S204, spoke to indie yesterday who will be servicing the car tomorrow, he reckons 1 1/2 hours work plus part to change the stat.

Appreciate the replies and assistance, I think a trip to the mender is in order.

Thanks.

Is it a lot harder than the 646 thermostat, cos on a 646 although it's fiddly, it's technically quite easy, especially if you remove the oil filter to get better access.

Thermostat replaced. NOT by MB Dealer.
MB part cost £50,50
Coolant £6,00
Labour £25,00
+ VAT
'Proper job'
That's life in Zumerzet for you!:D
Tony

Last edited:
My indie looked the job up on his computer system, it said 1 1/2 hours, so even at his low rates that would be £75+VAT. He'll be doing the job some time in the next week or so, will see what the outcome is - although he did say the part should not be more than £20, and he uses only OEM parts.

My indie looked the job up on his computer system, it said 1 1/2 hours, so even at his low rates that would be £75+VAT. He'll be doing the job some time in the next week or so, will see what the outcome is - although he did say the part should not be more than £20, and he uses only OEM parts.

My garage tried to source the Thermostat assy.(incl.plastic housing) from an Auto parts co. and was quoted +- £ 40, But they could not supply.

The part was eventually obtained from MB, which cost £ 10 more, but included a new temperature sensor, so was actually better value.
Tony

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom