W204 C320 CDi - Bilstein B4 and which springs??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HopsNE

Car
W204 C320 CDi
Hi folks,
I’m new here and lovin the forum thus far! Previously owned an S500 & GLC 250 so no stranger to Stuttgart’s finest.

I pick up a 2009 C320cdi Elegance wagon with 88k on it and am looking to refresh/improve Suspension hence really appreciating any advice / experiences on the suggested B4 (these ones: 4x BILSTEIN B4 Shock Absorber Front Rear Mercedes C Class W204 S204 Dampmatic | eBay) Eibach route please as a) this is a daddy wagon so needs to have a tolerable ride and b) I need to stay close to OE so as not to increase insurance premium ;). I’m looking for a firmed up well damped setup that isn’t crashy or obviously lowered.

Should anyone have other setups they can recommend that align with my needs please share.

Many thanks in advance
James

B4’s are great, I find them to be a tiny bit firmer than oe sachs I’ve fitted to other mercs before. It’s all so subjective but I find them perfect for daily driving with the original elegance springs on my clk.

You could experiment by just fitting the B4’s to the rear first seeing as you won’t have to take anything apart again. Dead easy job.

Many thanks gents, do I need ‘Dampmatic’ dampers, are they a semi active strut? re: springs great to hear elegance springs work well but will take opportunity to firm up a little bit just with I could find uprated springs that don’t lower it too much...

Hi folks, do you know if B4 damper is different for Sport vs Elegance versions please, I’m after the former as a nice little OEM upgrade if anyone can share intel/part numbers please.

search at the bottom of the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom