W204 c320 Temp symbol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tekman

Car
C 320 CDI
Hi any help appreciated
W204 2008 c320 Diesel V6
The other day was about to join A1 major traffic jam so moving very slow and stationary when a water type symbol came up looked at temp gauge it was about 90 cleared message came home and had a look thought low water everything appeared ok turned car on no message everything ok.
I plugged Carly in and did scan and it came up with P109700 Generic communication fault Not Serious search for more info so I did took me onto google Nothing
cleared code did scan everything ok no problems
Yesterday M62 diversion onto samll road stuck in traffic again symbol came on got to where we was going turned car off was about 1hr away from car starts drove home no message did scan with carly same code P109700 tryed contacting carly oh my what a performance they got back to me want a new scan and send them results I had allready removed codes there where 2 same number
so ran it upto temp sits about 85 to 90 but does not seem radiator fan not coming on but been to needs to be 100 before it will come on ?
no water loss return pipe pumping water no other issues

Any help really will be appreciated

cheers

Alan

Does this error share with low screen wash liquid?

Does this error share with low screen wash liquid?
screen washer bottle is full I think lol this appears temp outside been approx 17 - 18 stop start in traffic but now you got me thinking lol cheers m8

I decided to take car on motorway also used turbo a bit lol tryed to make symbol re-appear, when I got home put a blanket over front of car temp never went above 90 couldn`t hear fan so popped bonnet yep fan working ok.
so syphoned washer bottle yep this came not the other symbol. Totaly fed up with carly so bought a icarsoft mbv2 to keep check on car.
if it comes on again will put scanner on also take pic of it.
Car also booked into mercedes Recall on air bag`s alson having command system upgrade and I know they will do a health check lol
so just a waiting game now so thank`s guy`s

Attachments

• washer warning.jpg
    washer warning.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 0
OP , now you have bought a decent scan tool no need to wait for the light to come on again , just plug in and the fault code should be logged in the car and will show up as historical on the scanner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom