W204 C350 CDI front passenger door locked and can’t open it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrSatay

Car
C350 CDI
Hi everyone. My C350 2009 front passenger door lock actuator stopped working, but I could still open the door if the button was in the open position. Now the door is locked shut and can’t be opened from in or outside regardless of if it is locked or not. I’m sure this is a problem you know how to solve. Any help appreciated. Thanks regards Phil

There is a not so uncommon problem on the W204 where the interior door pull mechanism breaks but I wouldn't have thought it affects opening the door from the outside. Is the interior door pull floppy or still under tension ?

The indoor door pull mechanism still feels fine, it pops the lock button up if it is down, the door just doesn’t unlock.

Sorry Patrick only noticed this but haven’t tried yet, I’ve stripped the door seal from the inside and seatbelt trim around the lock area. I’m gonna use a wire saw and drill to cut the door slam catch which should allow the door to swing open 🤷‍♂️

Sorry Patrick only noticed this but haven’t tried yet, I’ve stripped the door seal from the inside and seatbelt trim around the lock area. I’m gonna use a wire saw and drill to cut the door slam catch which should allow the door to swing open 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for replying, can you let me know how you get on when you do the job please
Patrick

You could try buying a second hand lock from eBay and plugging it in, and seeing if the replacement lock operates as you would expect? Then if that identifies the lock to be at fault, it is 'only' a case of swapping the lock round I guess (unless locks need to be STAR coded to the car or something similar)?
On my W203 (2004) boot lock, the microswitch had pretty much worn out so the handle on the boot wouldn't activate the microswitch therefore not open the boot. I released the boot from the inside and fitted a £50 low mileage lock mechanism. No coding needed, but that is an old car now.

w204 locks using a general search on eBay 'sold' listings show recent prices of £25 to £65. Might be worth a shot at those prices.
Part numbers typically seem to be in the pattern of:
A2047201335
A2047201735
A2047201835
A2047202535

Obviously check the correct part number, which you can do if you have the door card off. I don't know if the large number of replacement part numbers are superseded due to later improvements, or relate to additional car tech options on locking and theft protection.

Good luck 👍

Thanks for replying, can you let me know how you get on when you do the job please
Patrick
Probably too late for you mate but only got the door open today, took a while but I drilled a 6mm hole in the door pillar level with the door catch then proceeded to drill through both sides of the catch,starting with a 3mm pilot working up to a 6mm when the latch broke off and the door swung open. Took about 4hrs and broke plenty of drill bits. Any questions just ask mate

Attachments

• 06B0BEE4-7F2B-4CD8-96A9-D7BA599CD517.jpeg
    06B0BEE4-7F2B-4CD8-96A9-D7BA599CD517.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom