W204 C63 - Air Con not as cold passenger side compared to driver side?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ATK

Car
C63 AMG
Hi All

Air con wasn't blowing cold at all, so had it regassed.

Now it blows freezing cold on drivers side of car but passenger side isn't quite as cold.

Is this normal, or if not what could be the fault? I presume condensor and compressor all ok and no leaks as otherwise I wouldnt have any cold air at all?

Does it have a separate dial for setting the passenger side temperature? Have you checked the hoses/pipes
to make sure they are connected properly and aren't leaking? I'm not an expert but I would check those out.

Hi. You probably have a slow leak(although reading your thread it sounds it is quicker than mine). Mine was empty & I had it checked & regassed. Unfortunately I could not go back to the garage to check where the leak was(they use a dye that shows where the gas escapes from using a UV light I think). Mine is now(18 months after I had it done) cold(but not ice cold) on the drivers side but normal(ie not as cold) on the passenger side. As I understand it this is because there is insufficient gas to cool the metal element(just the part for the o/s, so that is the reason the drivers side is cool & the other side not. I probably haven't explained this very well but that's the gist of it(I think).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom