Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Caught wearing a pre-facelift body, the mule sports a 'power bulge' hood and mock wheel arch extensions. Despite the modest appearance, the production model will undoubtedly feature an aggressive body kit which will echo the CLK and SL Black Series.

Under the hood, power is rumored to be provided by a 6.3-liter (6208cc) V8 engine with upwards of 510 hp (380 kW / 517 PS). It will be paired to a seven-speed MCT transmission, which should ensure rapid acceleration on par with the BMW M3 and Audi RS5.

Other performance tweaks will likely include a revised suspension, a limited slip rear differential, and a carbon ceramic braking system.

It remains unclear if the C63 AMG Black Series will be offered in all guises, but previous reports have indicated that only the coupe would get a BS variant. We'll find out soon enough, so stay tuned.

15838100572062653771.jpg

304072366730420230.jpg

1931677841396212521.jpg

1607582261443167131.jpg

17988958391633794190.jpg

1532686774400381936.jpg

Last edited:
Why put those arches on a test mule?
if you look carefully you will see that the front wheels are from the clk blk and the rear are e63 or cl 63 wheels which would mean that the new c black will have a wider track i would imagine so thats what they are testing.

this will be one amazing car especially if they keep the price reasonably low,they will sell loads of them as long as they keep them in reach of the amg every day customer ie not price it at 100k+ but more 75-80k max.

this will be one amazing car especially if they keep the price reasonably low,they will sell loads of them as long as they keep them in reach of the amg every day customer ie not price it at 100k+ but more 75-80k max.

£75k and it'll be mine after the E63....say in about, erm, 1 year from now!

But it ain't gonna be is it...this car will be upwards of £90k, even as much as £100k. They managed to sell all their CLK Blacks at £100k so why would they make this one any cheaper when it's likely to be a whole load better??

But it ain't gonna be is it...this car will be upwards of £90k, even as much as £100k. They managed to sell all their CLK Blacks at £100k so why would they make this one any cheaper when it's likely to be a whole load better??

I was about to say your next next car.

Although I suspect after the E63 it will feel a come down, and your 2nd C63 really was the same as that powerwise minus the wider track but the coilovers would have added a dynamic layer that the blackie wont have.

I feel your pain, but I think with the E63 you really are going to struggle to find a better motor afterwards.

If you want my honest view, you need to be a used Ferrari, Lambo, or R8 Audi to get the next level of driving and sense of occasion.

the thing is they only sold 19 clk blacks in the uk with only 500 worldwide.in my eyes thats not good business when in comparison they have sold nearly 20,000 c63 amg worldwide in less than 3years would you not make it for the masses??

Although I suspect after the E63 it will feel a come down, and your 2nd C63 really was the same as that powerwise minus the wider track but the coilovers would have added a dynamic layer that the blackie wont have.

I feel your pain, but I think with the E63 you really are going to struggle to find a better motor afterwards.

If you want my honest view, you need to be a used Ferrari, Lambo, or R8 Audi to get the next level of driving and sense of occasion.
i dont think this car will be a let down even after a e63 this car will be a beast:devil:.a every day beast were the lambo and the ferrari are to much hard work for everyday driving. the r8 is a sense of occasion but i think a good driver in a c63 would have a r8 driver rattled.

You could say the C63 was a come down after the M6 and in some ways it was - that BMW was a great place to be. But then different cars have different appeal and you adapt very quickly. Whilst I fancy a bit of 'dirty' refinement at the moment, 'coming down' is inevitable at some stage - let's face it, very little is going to beat the E63 and for what I (currently) want out of a car and that includes any Ferrari, Lambo etc that would be in my price range! A current shape Maserati couldn't tempt me out of my lowly C-Class!

the thing is they only sold 19 clk blacks in the uk with only 500 worldwide.in my eyes thats not good business when in comparison they have sold nearly 20,000 c63 amg worldwide in less than 3years would you not make it for the masses??

Mmmm....maybe. But, AMG don't have infinite capacity so I reckon their business model will be based on low volume, high margin on this product.

I hope you're right though....time will tell!

What I cannot understand is the decision not to make the E Coupe into an AMG...this is a big missed opportunity (or am I the only person who would definitely buy and therefore wrong about this?).

I wonder if it's due to the car being W204 based rather than W212....although I couldn't see why that would make a difference as they could effectively charge a lot more for an E63 AMG coupe than a C63 yet still use the same underpinnings! :wallbash:

Yes, its a great folly not to make a C63 coupe. It would be a direct rival for Maseratis, 911's etc.

I bet the new 5.5turbo engine will make it into the coupe as an AMG. I do see it happening.

I see you point, but you have done the Uber C63 thing again, and you got rid of it as you felt the E63 just was better, I dont see you reverting back to one.

If you can keep the E63 it will grow on you, and the money you save you could buy a classic car, a track car with the savings.

Car wise, you are not in a bad place.

You could say the C63 was a come down after the M6 and in some ways it was - that BMW was a great place to be. But then different cars have different appeal and you adapt very quickly. Whilst I fancy a bit of 'dirty' refinement at the moment, 'coming down' is inevitable at some stage - let's face it, very little is going to beat the E63 and for what I (currently) want out of a car and that includes any Ferrari, Lambo etc that would be in my price range! A current shape Maserati couldn't tempt me out of my lowly C-Class!

Mmmm....maybe. But, AMG don't have infinite capacity so I reckon their business model will be based on low volume, high margin on this product.

I hope you're right though....time will tell!

What I cannot understand is the decision not to make the E Coupe into an AMG...this is a big missed opportunity (or am I the only person who would definitely buy and therefore wrong about this?).

I wonder if it's due to the car being W204 based rather than W212....although I couldn't see why that would make a difference as they could effectively charge a lot more for an E63 AMG coupe than a C63 yet still use the same underpinnings! :wallbash:
the e63 coupe would have been a very good selling car also a e63 convertble but they said that the coupe would be 2 close 2 the cls63 amg customer:crazy: that is coming out soon.even a 350 coupe looks stunning so the amg version would have been:p. have you not considered the new cls 63amg???

Couple more shots, check out the size of the front brakes:

amg-black-1.jpg

amg-black-3.jpg

well ive got the plate AMG 81k today just got to wait for the car.:bannana:

Mmmm. An supercharged 8.1 litre is what you need for the perfect match. Nice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom