W204 C63 AMG - Future Collectable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BRN9121

SUPPORTER
Car
R129, W208 & W204
I have just bought my brother's 2013 W204 C63 AMG in Shwarz Black which he was about to trade in for cheap at the dealer. They offered him 15k and that's where I stepped in and said HELL NO.

It has the P31 package on it and has just over 18k miles on the clock. It's mint and I just had it paint corrected and detailed.

Do you see the values of these cars going up any time soon?

His car was averaging about 1800 miles a year and has a full annual service record.

Your thoughts please.

Photos and a video link attached

20220601_010644.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Well, SL63 prices have certainly gone up, I reckon yours could maintain it's value for a bit.

I love MB, Black Schwarz means Black Black. Very imaginative.

You'd make more money on the stock market.

- Loads of them for sale at any one time, except estates which are rarer.
- Nothing like it ever again.
- Expensive petrol.
- Possible future tax and legislation changes.

Who knows...? I wouldn't bank on it though, much better to just enjoy it whilst you can.

As others have already said, there are far too many of them around to attract a rarity premium.

Having said that, the current plentiful supply tends to encourage purchase by those either unable to maintain them properly and/or those who lack the talent to drive them properly. The combined effect of that will be to remove many current examples from the market on a permanent basis thus reducing supply. It's therefore conceivable that at some point in the distant future numbers will have dropped to the point that prices rise, but I wouldn't use that as an investment strategy.

As has also been already said, much better to just enjoy it whilst you can.

Just a heads up for those that use headphones etc- the music on the vid is LOUD :cool:

Bargain !!!!!

That is a £35k car here in the UK, well done and congrats

I know of one with higher miles that sold for £32k, Black series are fetching £150k and low miles PPP cars will not lose value.

Lol, the R129 in the background is a better investment. Ok its AMG, but still a common euro box, IMHO. Enjoy till the rust sets in.

Bargain !!!!!

I know of one with higher miles that sold for £32k, Black series are fetching £150k and low miles PPP cars will not lose value.
You might want to read the post again. He was OFFERED 15K for it.....

I was looking for one a while back.....there are lots around sub 20K. Great fun to drive though....lots of engine for the size of car. Just a bit too small for me.

Value going up is a tricky term...you may buy a car for £20k that nominally increases in value by 10 per cent in three years..that's a £22k car, but with inflation..And it will have cost more than £2k to run over those years. And if you sell it via a dealer, they will take their cut, wiping out the nominal increase.

With this type of car if you buy at the right time, you might get free motoring, which is pretty good. Or very low depreciation motoring. My W204 C63 Estate depreciated by £7.5k in the seven years I owned it from nearly new, which for a relatively expensive car is excellent.

Bargain !!!!!

Deluded.
OP if you’re happy with the deal just drive the car and enjoy it.
It isn’t an investment.

If you bought it for £15k a good bet would be just to sell it now. In the UK that car is worth at least £30k.

No its not......there are 24 of them on Autotrader below 20k....many just as tidy as that....even the 507 models are not often £30k plus.

No its not......there are 24 of them on Autotrader below 20k....many just as tidy as that....even the 507 models are not often £30k plus.
That's odd when I go on Autotrader and select C63 with under 20k miles, newer than 2012, the cheapest is £34,950.

Fair enough....but if you take think that anyone will pay 10 plus K more than all the 30 to 40k mile ones on there...some of which are newer you need your bumps felt!
Some of the 30k plus ones have been on there for months.....and some are 5 grand less than they were when first listed. There is a big difference between what they are listed for and what they sell. A good place to look is completed listing on eBay....you can see how much (or little) people actually pay for them. And all the time fuel is priced like it is those prices are only gone one way. The E63 models I'm watching are heading the same way....good....for me at least!

Nonsense show me a PPP low miles for £20k, good luck.

Fair enough....but if you take think that anyone will pay 10 plus K more than all the 30 to 40k mile ones on there...some of which are newer you need your bumps felt!
Some of the 30k plus ones have been on there for months.....and some are 5 grand less than they were when first listed. There is a big difference between what they are listed for and what they sell. A good place to look is completed listing on eBay....you can see how much (or little) people actually pay for them. And all the time fuel is priced like it is those prices are only gone one way. The E63 models I'm watching are heading the same way....good....for me at least!

Still looking eh lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom