W204 C63 AMG - Future Collectable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As a price point. I finally sold my 2013 C63 estate, black on cream, 19s, full MBSH every year, beautiful condition, earlier this year. 37k miles. My dealer, who I know well and from whom I bought my Brabus, said he would put it up for 34k and sell for 32k to 33k. With a MB AMG warranty, which is expensive for them, and service, new pads and a couple of other bits. I sold to a friend of a friend, for 29k.

That was in January and I think the peak of the market. Probably would sell it for 26k now. Equally reluctantly!

Forgetting the piece for a minute...and coming back to the title.... I can certainly see the model becoming a future desirable classic.......if only for that amazing engine..

Yes....But in the distant future . There were just too many of them built. Depends on how long someone is prepared to sit on it.

Drive it and enjoy it would be my recommendation . Do not treat it as some kind of 'pension pot, Life is too short. That is exactly what I do with my (far more rare - around 60 ever registered in the UK ?-) C55 S203 AMG estate. I know that there are a few of them tucked away with little miles on them and unless all of the remaining examples disappear overnight it will be a very long time before mine becomes some kind of asset . That might come about when the remaining C43's (W202) etc become proper investments.

But I'm not a car collector so I am driving it while I still can .

Still looking eh lol.
Off topic but just replying......
The honest answer is sort of....I do need a newer (and more importantly slightly bigger car)....but I had to put it on the backburner as I was considering changing job...and until I knew if that was likely and if I would need to use my own car to get to my new job and how far it would be there was no way I was going to spend on a low MOG car (currently I don't use my own cars for work). It looks like I'm staying put now.....so I'm looking again....but i have widened my range of acceptable cars as I've driven more....so I'm also looking at an F10 M5 or 550.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee i think or is that super unleaded? averaging 12mpg the majority of Amgs, these will be looked at as dinosaurs in the future if fuel prices stay as they are, unless your really well
loaded and money is not a issue but a lot of us on here buy cheaper second hand Amgs and hope and pray nothing goes wrong, i can see a big sell off of V8 petrol guzzlers and the trade will offer rock bottom for them frightened to get burnt, only my opinion of course time will tell, enjoy while you can:)

Off topic but just replying......
The honest answer is sort of....I do need a newer (and more importantly slightly bigger car)....but I had to put it on the backburner as I was considering changing job...and until I knew if that was likely and if I would need to use my own car to get to my new job and how far it would be there was no way I was going to spend on a low MOG car (currently I don't use my own cars for work). It looks like I'm staying put now.....so I'm looking again....but i have widened my range of acceptable cars as I've driven more....so I'm also looking at an F10 M5 or 550.

I reckon a diesel for you buddy.

Nah....I've had around 35 cars (Inc a V8 4.2 and a tuned V6 TwinT)....and out of all those on the my current 159 was the only diesel because of the miles I was doing when I bought her....well except the Grand Cherokee ...and who wants a petrol one of those for towing!? Never really been a diesel fan. If I don't go E63 AMG or M5 it will probably be an E500....if I can find one!

Thank you folks for your feedbacks.
I can be certain of one thing now, that I got a bargain and that if I decided to sell it today, it would fetch more.

You'd make more money on the stock market.

- Loads of them for sale at any one time, except estates which are rarer.
- Nothing like it ever again.
- Expensive petrol.
- Possible future tax and legislation changes.

Who knows...? I wouldn't bank on it though, much better to just enjoy it whilst you can.
I've got any estate w204 2008 146k on clock

Is the PPP W204 C63 really worth a premium over a standard C63? I mean yes it’s got more BHP but driving day to day do you know the difference in performance?

A ppp will always command a premium it's all but a 507 minus the stickers bs bonnet alloys etc, well worth waiting for a mint ppp car all oem.

1671781482031.png

Last edited:
Is the PPP W204 C63 really worth a premium over a standard C63? I mean yes it’s got more BHP but driving day to day do you know the difference in performance?

For most drivers, most of the time, almost certainly not, but worth, like beauty, is usually to some degree in the eye of the beholder, and there are always people who will pay more for a car with that little bit more. That's how high-end second-hand car dealers pushing tin at inflated prices make a living.

People who are selling cars almost always think they're worth more than anybody will actually pay for them...on that day. If somebody comes along the day after and is willing to pay the asking price, then the car is worth that...on that day.

Post #33 illustrates the point well. A power increase of 6% in a car that already has 450-odd? Whoop-de-doo... I wouldn't bother, so it's not worth it to me, but there are plenty who would, and to them, it is worth it. We're both right, for our given values of right...

Last edited:
The ultimate version of an already very fast and capable car is rarely worth the premium over the standard version in any objective way, whether buying new or used,

In reality the difference is rarely obvious - or even noticeable - in every day use. The value comes from knowing the difference is there rather than exploiting it.

The ultimate version of an already very fast and capable car is rarely worth the premium over the standard version in any objective way, whether buying new or used,

In reality the difference is rarely obvious - or even noticeable - in every day use. The value comes from knowing the difference is there rather than exploiting it.
There is a gulf of difference between a c63 bs and any other variant of that model.

For most drivers, most of the time, almost certainly not, but worth, like beauty, is usually to some degree in the eye of the beholder, and there are always people who will pay more for a car with that little bit more. That's how high-end second-hand car dealers pushing tin at inflated prices make a living.

People who are selling cars almost always think they're worth more than anybody will actually pay for them...on that day. If somebody comes along the day after and is willing to pay the asking price, then the car is worth that...on that day.

Post #33 illustrates the point well. A power increase of 6% in a car that already has 450-odd? Whoop-de-doo... I wouldn't bother, so it's not worth it to me, but there are plenty who would, and to them, it is worth it. We're both right, for our given values of right...
Agree. It’s “worth” is merely what someone will pay for it on the day.
“In Philadelphia …. it’s worth fifty bucks”.

There is a gulf of difference between a c63 bs and any other variant of that model.
As Bobby Dazzler said: "In reality the difference is rarely obvious - or even noticeable - in every day use. The value comes from knowing the difference is there rather than exploiting it."

I would agree, there is a much bigger difference between the C 63 BS and standard C 63 than would be the case with many ultimate models. When the PPP was new it was the ultimate C63.

That said, whether the difference in performance is objectively worth the difference in value is a different matter, and for some it will be (like you and I), and for others it won’t be even close.

The difference - apart from image and presence - only really becomes noticeable on track or on a deserted highland road, at dawn in early summer when the roads are warm.

Imo I think they are worth a premium IF you can find a totally unmolested 1 there arnt many out there ,as said above they are basically the same as the 507 apart from visuals
The only 1 I cant get my head around is the 125 edition as its exactly the same as a standard c63 in everyway apart from a badge on the dash so I would buy the ppp car over a standard c63 all day long but that's me but do your homework as most dealer's dont know the exact difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom