W204 C63 AMG style steering wheel upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HairyHaggis

Car
W205 C Class
I have just spent several weeks sorting an upgrade for my steering. I didnt want to get saddled with the issues of trying to get the facelift W204 wheel buttons and lights not working or going for the genuine C63 wheel with the different airbag. I have had the original wheel fully reshaped, thickened and recovered. Having gone through all this I thought there might be a few others who feel that at this price and without the hassel it would be a good value upgrade to the unfortunately dissapointing standard 3 spoke.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/26110124...43435&ViewItem=

For Sale - C63 AMG style wheel upgrade for Mercedes C-Class W204 (2008 - 11)

The only complaint I have with my C-Class Sport was the steering wheel which is a bit thin and the leather is hard, almost plastic like. I am sure if you have one you will know only too well what I mean. As a result I managed to source with some difficulty a professional upholsterer who was willing to take the original wheel and recover it in high quality soft leather.

In addition they have sourced another provider to them that can fully reprofile and thicken the wheel to simulate the C63 AMG wheel that would cost you £1200 from Mercedes. The whole process takes 2 - 3 weeks and the finished product cant be faulted.

It is finished in black leather, with perforated leather used at either side around the main gripping areas. The stitching is silver as standard. If you wish to use alternative colours for leather, stitching and even an alcantara option, these are all possible as optional extras, but will also take up to an extra week.
Other options are available such as genuine AMG metal alloy paddles to upgrade from the standard black plastic items.

If you want to add any options please contact me through ebay for a quote and I will create an additional 'buy it now' with the upgrade description and cost differential that can be purchased at the same time, and stay within Ebay terms of sale.

Now I appreciate that you probably cant live without your steering wheel for several weeks while it is away being reshaped and covered. Fortunately I bought a spare wheel which you can purchase and then get a full refund for after you have fitted the new wheel and sent me back the original. If you want to take advantage of this service, after you purchase this item I will list a standard wheel at £111 which you will need to purchase, but will be fully refunded upon return of your standard wheel.

You retain your centre boss with the airbag and all the phone / volume / menu controls. You simply refit this to your new wheel and send back the original, allowing me to relist and so on.

This is a beautifully finished high quality piece of workmanship that is easily on a par with the AMG version, and infinately superior to the original item. Check out Ebay and breakers and you will find that people are trying to sell used standard wheels for this price.

Unfortunately I can only offer a refund if you have the same three spoke sport wheel and not the 4 spoke on the standard C-Class. We can however attempt to source you a base wheel or we can arrange for upgrading of a wheel if you would like to send it to us. Please feel free to send any questions about tailoring of the standard finish or if you have an enquiry about any other vehicle make model. More pictures also available on request.

IMG_0873.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom